Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Partner Program (Affiliates))
Partner Program (Affiliates)

Problem getting an Affiliate Level upgrade

• cnxsoft Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:15 PM Reply
    No, but I hadn't blogged about a device on DX for some time, and yesterday I wrote about that one:
    http://dx.com/p/zap-a10-1080p-android-4-0-network-media-player-w-wi-fi-4-x-usb-sd-hdmi-rj45-black-4gb-145311?Utm_rid=93072394&Utm_source=affiliate

Some other bloggers also copied the links on their blog, and I got several orders with the same number of affiliate points: 17.30.

The product above is 86.40, at 2% that's 17.28 pts, but dx may have rounded it up to 17.30 pts. With premium I should have gotten 21.60 instead. So although I can't be 100% sure, I'm still pretty convinced there is an issue.
    Posts(103) | Reviews | Tip post

• cnxsoft Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:16 AM Reply
    FYI:
    My Question:
    Today I'm writing because although I've been upgraded to Premium it appears I still get 2% commission whereas it should 2.5%.

I sold a few of these http://dx.com/p/zap-a10-1080p-android-4-0-network-media-player-w-wi-fi-4-x-usb-sd-hdmi-rj45-black-4gb-145311?Utm_rid=93072394&Utm_source=affiliate at $86.40 today and yesterday.

But I get 17.30 pts (2%) instead of 21.60 pts (2.5%). Please help me check this issue.

Their answer:

Dear Customer,
    sorry for the misunderstanding

http://dx.com/Affiliate/Login

pls check the following link

Standard 25 accumulated DX Referral Points 20% ( $100 in referrals --> 20 DX Referral Points )
    Premium 300 accumulated DX Referral Points 25% ( $100 in referrals --> 25 DX Referral Points )
    Platinum 1250 accumulated DX Referral Points 30% ( $100 in referrals --> 30 DX Referral Points )

the comission is 20 %,thanks for your understanding

---------------
    This kind of things happen all the time with customer service, they must be paid by the number of messages they answer, so they try their best to provide an answer than does not properly answer the issue, or they are pushed by management to answer as fast as they can, without actually fully understanding what the message says.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:21 AM Reply
    they must be paid by the number of messages they answer

I think you're right. Too often there's a weird disconnect between what is asked and the answer.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24945) | Reviews | Tip post

• cookieinc Friday, August 31, 2012 3:52 AM Reply
    And have you been automatically upgraded?
    Does the info on the DX site now say it's not just annually?

No I have not been automatically upgraded. I asked them nicely again to please upgrade me (which I had to do to go from Starter -> Standard. Their response was "sorry and would you pls wait for some time for the system to uodate ?"

The new affiliate page says " At the end of each 12 month period, our system will review your progress and upgrade you as indicated. ". No freaking way am I waiting 10 months for an affiliate level upgrade.

edit: Not that I'm expecting you to be able to do anything about this Sheepish, just venting
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by cookieinc on 8/31/2012 at 3:53 AM
  • cookieinc Friday, September 14, 2012 8:56 PM Reply
    Looks like I've been upgraded to Premium now, 2 weeks after my request for anyone wondering how long it takes.
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• cnxsoft Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:38 AM Reply
    Just an update to say that (with great amazement) I've been updated automatically to the next level today as soon as my points reached the threshold. So it's definitely automatic now.

• likaw Monday, January 28, 2013 11:41 AM Reply
    Did that happens only after the 60 days waiting period for points to get approved?

I have 1300 pending points, but has yet to pass starter level.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• cnxsoft Monday, January 28, 2013 8:11 PM Reply
    Yes, you need to wait for the points to become available.

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Partner Program (Affiliates))
Partner Program (Affiliates)

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere