Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

How to wire?

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, September 26, 2016 4:15 PM Reply

Type sku.{sku number here} to autolink to the product.

Have you connected the LED the right way around? Have you put the LED star on a good heatsink?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:36 AM Reply

You should have the LED connected correctly. You don't need to ground any of the stars or pins of the uPC to get the driver to work. Can you try another power supply? What is the input voltage at the driver board?

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• Apityor Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:26 AM Reply

Normaly the supply voltage is 4.5 V. In that case, the input voltage measured on the pin8 of the driver is 4.2V (the pin6 is 0). I tried another power supply, a simle one. The output voltage of that is around 9V in the first moment, and 3.9V in normal operation. In the moment, when I connected this, the LED flashed for a moment. 

The story is that, when I supply the driver at least 8.3 V, the LED works, but the driver gets extremely hot, so it can not be the normal operation.

Unfortunately durring some measurement, the LED got the 8.3 V, and burnt out. I need to order another one. I got some weeks to think about the problem...

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• Apityor Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:57 AM Reply

Sorry, the SKU no. for the driver is 127689, and 244688 for the LED.

Thanks for your help.

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:25 AM Reply

You probably just have a bad driver. Submit an ticket so you Dx can ship you a replacement, or give you a refund. Normally these drivers are pretty reliable, but you can get a bad one ocassionally.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere