Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Strobe in turns?

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:22 AM Reply
    Interesting. I wonder how it senses that you are turning. Maybe there's an accelerometer built in?
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:34 AM Reply
    I think KuKzz meant that "strobe in turns" is just another mode, that alternates between the center/side lights. Not when turning. At least that's the way I understood it.

edit - typo
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12567) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 4/10/2013 at 10:36 AM
  • starush Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:45 AM Reply
    KuKzz, do you own it? It would be very nice to see real beamshots in several modes made on the road (not that useless at the table or at the room wall).

Other thoughts: So, we can only switch between the LEDs but unable to change power emitted by each LED.
    For example if side LEDs are for flood (low beam) and center one for throw (high beam), then switching from one to another I just switch beams but cannot just dim the light to consume less battery, in not so dark conditions.

Sorry for my dislexia ;-)
    Posts(110) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by starush on 4/10/2013 at 11:45 AM
  • KuKzz Friday, April 12, 2013 5:34 PM Reply
    gasbag11 is correct, this strobe mode just alternates between leds. Sorry if my english is not perfect sometimes, it's not my native language :)

Yes, I have it, actually I just received it a few days ago. I can post pics of the insides if anybody needs them. And yes, you can't lower the leds brightness - this light consumes about 0.8-1A from battery in lower modes and about 1.8A at high with all leds on.
    Since it doesn't have any battery indicators and the included batteries are usually crappy (mine is 2300mAh, this model could have up to 4200 or so) - you really need to replace the battery or carry a spare one with you for longer rides. At about 2A at high it will discharge even good quality chinese battery in about 2-2.5 hours.

About beamshots...not sure if I can do it, I've never done it before. This light basically gives a wide floody beam, good for short-distance lightning. Imagine three 501/502 style flashlights strapped together - thats how it looks for me :)
    Posts(87) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by KuKzz on 4/12/2013 at 5:37 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, April 12, 2013 5:55 PM Reply
    Thanks again for the explanation.

The only question I have, is do you like it? Would you buy it again or recommend it?

Btw, Your English is very good. No need to apologize at all. :)
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12567) | Reviews | Tip post

• KuKzz Friday, April 12, 2013 6:01 PM Reply
    I haven't actually tried it on the bike yet, so I don't know. I just bought it to compare with my lights, will post a review later.

http://dx.com/p/singfire-sf-530-3-x-cree-xm-l-t6-3000lm-4-mode-white-bicycle-lamp-silver-black-4-x-18650-175456 - so far from all the lights that I have tested this one is the best imo. Sidepods with wide TIR lenses for near light, center pod with reflector for long distance, good battery (about 4200 and holds high-current discharge), external button with 4 battery levels indicator.
    Posts(87) | Reviews | Tip post

• starush Friday, April 12, 2013 6:34 PM Reply
    Wow @KuKzz, thank you very very much for so detailed description. Especially for info about SingFire SF-530.
    Posts(110) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere