Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

No strobe mode? glass?

• starush Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:44 AM Reply
    So pity that you cannot adjust the power... When all three LEDs are on, it works just for one hour. If I could, I would choose Stepless Dimming feature instead of Strobe. But it's better to have both.

I still hope, maybe there is dimming mode but it's hidden? Something like "hold longer or shorter for dimming"?
    Posts(110) | Reviews | Tip post

• KuKzz Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:18 PM Reply
    There are no hidden dimming modes, I checked everything. In fact I haven't seen any MJ-816 clones that had dimming mode, they usually just replace it with strobe.

Current draw from low modes (center or side leds) is about 1A, in maximum with 3 leds lit about 2A - so the included battery will work for about 2 hours at maximum. I can check for exact values for current draw if you need them.
    Posts(87) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by KuKzz on 4/13/2013 at 3:20 PM
  • starush Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:45 PM Reply
    Thank you for your help. Now I am in doubt if I need light that always working at full power, therefore maximum 2 hours...
    Posts(110) | Reviews | Tip post

• avk75 Tuesday, July 9, 2013 4:12 AM Reply
    Not exactly, my MJ-816 has a dimming mode insread of strobe.
    Although purchased it 3 years ago (SKU 171984 ) Still use often and love it for usability.
    just wanted to upgrade to a brighter light such as SingFire but learned this lamp doesn't have a dimming mode which is a deal breaker. Also hate the strobe mode. MJ-816 doesn't have it.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• KuKzz Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:32 AM Reply
    Almost forgot about this thread.
    Here is the interesting thing - this light actually has 2 versions, one with strobe and one with dimming! I ordered a few more SF-530s from DX and one of the new ones had dimming instead of strobe. I immediately replaced my old strobe version with new one with dimming :)
    I don't think that you can choose what you'll get, its a typical chinese lottery. But dimming version is much better imo.

Here is how it works - you hold down the button in any mode, this slowly changes current to leds from 100% to 10% (from 2A to 0.2A on center led for example) and it stops on 10%. If you release and hold down the button again - current will rise from 10% to 100% and stop at 100%.
    You can release button at any time during increase/decrease and that setting will be remembered, so you can setup different brightness levels in any of 3 modes. Brightness levels will be stored in driver memory until you disconnect the battery, that resets all modes to 100% brightness.
    I usually setup side leds to about 10-20% of maximum brightness for city riding and switch to 3 leds at 100% for parts of the road without external lightning. This really increases the battery life and doesn't blind all the ppl in front of me.
    Posts(87) | Reviews | Tip post(2)

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 9, 2013 5:08 PM Reply
    That sounds like a really neat mode arrangement.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere