Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

What have you NOT found on Dealextreme?

• funkdoctor Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:31 AM Reply
    Btw, I'm sure I am not the only brewer on the forum! Would be nice to hear from other home brewers on here. I know there's dedicated home brew forums on the net, I participate on them myself. But would make for some interesting reading on here for me at least :)
    Arararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararar
    arrarararararrarrara

Posts(5896) | Reviews | Tip post

• RolleZ Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:11 AM Reply
    Thanks for the tips. Verkkokauppa sells beer ingredients here. Cheapest is 5 euros for 10 litres.

*Removed link*

By the way, i must ask. Is distilling legal in Norway? Me and my friends have been wondering since our fathers and their friends have said that its legal but we haven't found anything about it
    Posts(48) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by RolleZ on 11/17/2013 at 2:47 AM
  • funkdoctor Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:33 PM Reply
    You need to remove the link to the shop in your post. Though thanks for clarifying what one was. :)

No, distilling your own spirits is illegal here.

Maybe you should read a few reviews on the beer machine before you think about buying one, or something similar :) I really wouldn't have thought it would have been that hard to buy brewing accessories in Finland though. Ooph :/
    arrarararararrarrara

• funkdoctor Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:48 PM Reply
    You could always look to ferment pure apple juice, just order some cider/champagne yeast and an airlock from fleabay or something, get a 5 litre water bottle, if you can't get a Demi-John. ;)
    arrarararararrarrara

• RolleZ Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:16 AM Reply
    Ah okay. Its just that my friends have been traveling to Norway and he have bought a lot of "Pontikka" or as Americans say "Moonshine" from northern Norwegian people.

I have made some sugar cane wine (thought it would taste a bit like rum, i was wrong :D) and i have made some bland liqour, adding turbo-yeast, water and sugar and siphonin the result until its clean. Or at least almost clean. Haven't been making alcohol after those, im actually more into rums and such which i'd love to make some day. But need to make sure the distilled resoult is safe to drink, especially since i have never done it. Maybe if i someday find a tester that tells if a liquid have methanol in it, i try distilling.
    Posts(48) | Reviews | Tip post

• Juniperus Saturday, November 23, 2013 1:21 PM Reply
    MRE food or camping food, not available in DX.
    Finnish wood-dragon.

Posts(86) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:45 AM Reply
    I'm sure sheepish would say flashlights and batteries with non-exagerated specs.

Um, well, actually sometimes I have seen torches with specs that are well under what they should be doing. Sometimes I report them, sometimes I just raise an eyebrow, scratch my head, and go back to looking for exaggerated specs. ;)

I'm still waiting for more dice, especially a compass directions one, small polycarbonate sheets/panels, and a 12V soldering iron.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24938) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 3 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere