Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Why are my reviews with low ratings unapproved?

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:27 PM Reply
    You have also to quit buying from dx.

I don't have to do anything.

If you want to stop buying here, that's your business. As they say: "Don't slam the door on your way out".
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12556) | Reviews | Tip post

• kostependrhs Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:03 PM Reply
    If you want results, then you have to. Its your decision, of course.
    You can still continue buying crap and complain writing in forums or whatever.
    I did it once and now i m saving my money for better things. You can do whatever you want with yours.
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:58 PM Reply
    I won't argue that the review system at DX sucks. I've said it many times in many threads.

BUT, I'll continue to buy here because I know I can trust them with my money. I've ALWAYS had lost orders refunded/replaced in a reasonable amount of time. I've found a few other sites with better prices and/or faster shipping, but their review systems are every bit as bad as DX's.

Another reason I'll continue to buy here is that DX actually corrects errors in product descriptions, unlike another site I frequently buy from. Plus the staff here are always willing to help and are very friendly. I've had several problems sorted out by staff that I didn't even have to make a ticket for.

And the most important reason that keeps me here is the forums. I know I can get useful info for an item I may want to buy, BEFORE I order it. There are many forum regulars and mods who have helped me countless times in the past by answering my (sometimes quite stupid) questions and helping me decide whether or not to order something I wasn't sure of.

PS. One more thing that keeps me here is that DX often has things that are hard to find at other sites that I trust.

So as you said, I'll definitely do whatever I want with my money.

Ask them.

• superruzafa Friday, March 27, 2015 1:01 AM Reply
    @gasbag11, thanks for pointing me to the product's forums, I didn't know it and I'll repost my complain there. Also, I'll check them in the future when buying a new product.

I just wanted to share my experience. If high rated reviews have more probabilities to be approved then the review system is unreliable.

One thing that dissapointed me even more is that, although I was frustrated when I received the broken item, my review was as much objective and honest as I can wrote it and I was trying to help other people. At least now I know all my good reviews won't have any problem to be approved.
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, March 27, 2015 1:36 AM Reply
    If you want a review to be posted because you actually want to help people (and not just for the points) you can write an honest review and just give it 4 or 5 stars. You can even explain (in the review) that you only gave it good marks so the review would be posted. But it's not fair to review an item that doesn't work at all, or arrived obviously damaged. The item should at least work, or be returned for an item that does. No site that I'm aware of posts reviews of nonworking items.

Sadly, with the review system DX has, the best place to get honest info is the product forums. I've stopped doing reviews until DX changes the way reviews are posted, and until someone actuall starts reading them and not just approving them because they have 4 or 5 stars. I just received a product so crappy that I might do a review even though I don't like the review system.

Btw, check this thread > http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1388572 to see what I and many others think of DX's review system.
    Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:18 AM Reply
    Another reason I'll continue to buy here is that DX actually corrects errors in product descriptions, unlike another site I frequently buy from.

I really respect DX for that. Good on them. The other place has some awful errors in product details but even when their staff are told, the errors are still not corrected. That's pathetic.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24931) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:26 AM Reply
    I wrote a review on a product: sku.4247. A thermometer with LCD display. I pointed out that the LCD display is no such thing (Its one of those sticker thermometers that changes color depending on temperature).

ezdmanx2 take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_thermometer.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24931) | Reviews | Tip post

• mariusg1 Friday, December 23, 2016 5:38 PM Reply

I experience the same dishonest approach from DX regarding reviews. They seem stuck in the dark ages of shutting complaining customers' mouths. I also buy from time to time poor quality products that would stop working or falling apart after days or weeks - such as with SKU 119569 and when I try to post a review about it (the title was title"Nice, low quality emergency lamp"), I received a unapproved verdict. Shame on you, DX!

Posts(17) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 3 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere