Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

New hot end extruder problem...

• yayser Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:40 PM Reply
    Hi,

Could you let me know which thermistor is being used on the printer by default. Or just tell me which one to choose from the Temperature Sensor Settings which is in Configuration.h. Thanks

Okan
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• yayser Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:43 PM Reply

I forgot to specify that I need both for the hot end and the heat bed. Thanks.

Okan

• yayser Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:51 PM Reply
    I have configured the configuration.h file and uploaded succesfully. After that I autotuned both the extruder and the heat bed. Now with the new PID coefficients it works just fine. Although I have a new problem now. The extruder only moves in positive directions. For negative directions it only moves once and stop. Also it doesn't do homing. When I click homing it only moves 10mm in each axes and stops. Any advice? Thanks.

Okan

• TimeC Friday, January 23, 2015 6:03 PM Reply
    Hi,

Both of the hot end and the heat bed is 100 KΩ.

http://m5.img.dxcdn.com/CDDriver/xrj/356511.png
    img src: http://m5.img.dxcdn.com/CDDriver/xrj/356511.png

Could you please contact the technical backup service via this E-mail: [email protected] ?
    I think you can get answers more quickly.

Thanks.

Posts(105) | Reviews | Tip post

• yayser Monday, January 26, 2015 5:41 PM Reply
    Hi,

I wrote to [email protected] He is not answering my email. Please forward him my email that I added below.

Hello Jerry,

I was having some technical problems with the 3d Printer (ME Creator) I got from dealextreme.com and they were helping me with it. After some time they thought it would be faster if I asked directly to you. So they gave me your email address.

Initially my problem was with the hot end thermistors. The hot end temperature was never reaching the target temperature. Then they adviced me to reinstall Marlin 1.0.5-r2 firmware, which I did and it after autotuning the hot end problem is solved.

Although now there are two new problems:

1) When I try to move the extruder from Manual Control section it is only moving in positive directions but it only moves once towards negative directions. For instance I can go 50mm right but I can only go 1mm left on each axis.

2) When I try to do homing the extruder only moves about 10mm in positive directions in x,y and z axis and stops.

Please advice how to solve this.

Kind Regards,

Okan Kurt

• AAAki Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:41 AM Reply
    Hi,

They said that they've replied yesterday, sorry for their late reply caused by weekend.
    Hope that they've solved your problem.

Thanks for your patience.
    Posts(612) | Reviews | Tip post

• yayser Monday, February 16, 2015 6:14 PM Reply
    Hi,

At the moment I have updated the firmware but now the 3d printer doesn't do homing on Repetier Software V1.0.6. It only moves the extruder manually in one direction, thats it. Could you advice what I have to change from the Marlin firmware? I am using Arduino IDE to edit the Marlin firmware. Thanks.

Okan

• EstebanFuenteal Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:26 PM Reply
    @yayser I also bought this printer. With Repetier the extruder turned off to reach about 200, now use Cura and works perfectly https://software.ultimaker.com/
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• yayser Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:48 PM Reply
    @EstebanFuental I am sorry I didn't understand what you are suggesting. At the moment I updated the firmware with Marlin. The extruder problem is solved but now there is a new problem. I can not move the extruder in x,y or z. I can not do homing too. I am out of ideas so I ordered a new board. RepRap Megatronics v2.0. I hope with that board it will be OK. This makes the second component change after the hot end, which was clogging all the time with PLA. I truly, ultimately regret that I bought this 3D printer.

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere