Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Shipping to Netherlands no longer to your door!

• Happyvicky @DX Staff @DX Staff Friday, November 20, 2015 9:35 AM Reply
    @[email protected]
    Thanks for your kind confirmation.
    I'll have my maternity leave from next week(my baby will be born in a mo
    nth), and I may be back to office a
    round mid-December.
    If you have anything to query, please contact Maye_Tao.
    Thank you. :)

Posts(7247) | Reviews | Tip post

• JeroenWalter Friday, November 20, 2015 7:06 PM Reply
    @Happyvicky
    How is this confirmation? That this problem doesn't exist?
    No way, it is real. It may be that not every package will be delivered at a collection point, but PostNL did change it rules and a lot of people here in the Netherlands are affected by it and are complaining about it. It mostly occur for registered and tracked packages. Now even if DX did not intentionally mark a package as registered, I wouldn't be surprised if PostNL just mark as such it nonetheless, just to cut costs in the delivery process.
    For now, I've only had this problem with packages from DX Europe and not with the global DX site.

As a seller (yes, DX is a seller, I make a contract with DX when I order, I don't see the actual supplier mentioned anywhere while ordering, so for all intents and purposes, DX is the seller) DX should be responsible for the entire process of delivery of a package to the shipping address I supplied. Even if this includes third parties like PostNL, with which DX has a contract. If DX can not guarantee this, then they are falsely advertising a service that they can't provide. The terms & conditions of DX, paragraph 4.4, place this responsibility at the customer, who has no control over this process.

I wouldn't mind as much if DX just stated up front on the website that some shipping options will not deliver to your door or if they provide different shipping options so the customer can choose.

All I'm asking for is for DX to investigate with PostNL how they guarantee delivery to the actual shipping address instead of the a collection point. If this means that the customer has to choose on the DX site between cheap shipping, but to a collection point, or a more expensive shipping option, but delivered to your door, then I will be happy.

Posts(12) | Reviews | Tip post

• Happyvicky @DX Staff @DX Staff Saturday, November 21, 2015 11:00 AM Reply
    @JeroenWalter
    Hi again. Sorry,you must misunderstand me.
    I can understand and feel what you feel,however until now you are the only person who met this problem. We need more time to keep an eye on it.
    The news I got is still the same as below:
    1. We ship all items by NL POST if customers' destination country is Netherland. We don't ship items by CN POST to Netherlands.
    2. All packages shipped by NL POST will be directly delivered to customers' doors.

If something different happens to you,please contact me here.
    Thanks.
    I'll have my maternity leave from next week(my baby will be born in a mo
    nth), and I may be back to office a
    round mid-December.
    If you have anything to query, please contact Maye_Tao.
    Thank you. :)

Posts(7247) | Reviews | Tip post

• pangolin1958 Sunday, June 11, 2017 4:43 AM Reply

If something different happens to you,please contact me here

I have recently encountered this problem (I know it's 2 years later (I hope your baby is healthy and well :) ) and have been googling and it's all over the (dutch) internet now.

Obviously postNL receives large amounts of parcels from China and when the parcel is too big to fit through the mailbox, we (the receivers) get a postcard in the mailbox (there is no attempt to deliver that parcel at all) with a pick up point, where to go to get the parcel.

My personal problem is the fact that those pickup points are kilometers away from my house, while there is a pickup point 70 meters away from my house.

But apperently PostNL assigned only a few pickup points for (too big for the mailbox) parcels from China, so we as receivers in Holland are pretty much ******  (<== bad word)

Sometimes I have to go to 2 pickup points. One 3 kilometers to the north, the other 3 kilometers to the south, so that means 4x3 = 12 kilometers riding my bicycle.

I know this is very healthy and I am PostNL very greatfull they care so much about my health, but still this is a major drawback, before I will order from China again.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• pangolin1958 Monday, July 24, 2017 4:06 PM Reply

I am happy to say stuff from DX is delivered to our door again.

For  I am not sure; sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, I think.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• beetle01 Friday, August 18, 2017 4:42 AM Reply

A postnl deleivery point told me that all parcels and some envelops, renumberd to postnl sreta numbers, are delivered to a nearby postnl agency. Postnl don't give parcels wich needs autograph or payment ( [email protected]), numberd to sreta trackcode, at your door. You can only collect with a notification send by postnl. Mostly they send it days after the parcel is delivered at the agency. In [email protected] you can see status changes to delivered at a date. You can't pick it up because you need the notification to collect, dispite of showing tracknumber and indentification. When you look at [email protected] the date is without signature. When you have collected, the day changes and a signature can be seen. This might give problems with garantee and sendback issues. The only reasen is already given in an earlier post,  i'ts much cheaper for postnl. For customers i'ts gives more work, and not easier. Picking up should be faster when post giving the parcel to the customer with number of shipment and indentification. It is what they only have to write for a delivery. Note for DX, give your customers the value what you write on the package for customs, maybe by mail not on the invoice. Its easier when you have to give value for custom purposes.

Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 4 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere