Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Did you know?

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:38 PM Reply

Did you know that clicking on the #s in a linked sku doesn't work? Only clicking on the red arrow does. At least that's what just happened when I tried it a few minutes ago. 

sku.20392

edit - Yep. They screwed that up too.

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12556) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 6/13/2019 at 8:40 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:48 PM Reply

Yes, I think we figured that out months ago.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24931) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:39 AM Reply

Did you know that if you click on the "Product Specific" forum, there are 6 pages of threads still there?

The thumbnail pics are shown but no pics or descriptions are shown in the threads. So if you don't recognise the thumbnail, and the name/details aren't mentioned, you won't know which item it is. And the dates shown don't coincide with the dates the threads were posted, at least in some cases.

Also, I sent myself a PM to see if we still get notices on the latest post page and we do. But after I read it the notice just stayed there even though I checked all my PMs to make sure there wasn't a new one. While the notice was stuck , I didn't have to log in at all. A little while ago it disappeared and I had to log in again. Now I can't find a way to view my PMs unless someone PMs me to see if we can still PM each other, or if my sudden use has broken it completely. 

Btw, it was always my own personal theory that actual PMs were unintentionally introduced and they weren't even aware of it.

EDIT - Now the PM notice is back. lol

RE-EDIT - Now the notice is at the top of all the forums.

Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 7/30/2019 at 3:09 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:53 AM Reply

But after I read it the notice just stayed there even though I checked all my PMs to make sure there wasn't a new one.

Mwa ha ha.*

Now I can't find a way to view my PMs unless someone PMs me to see if we can still PM each other

That's what I found a day or two ago. More site erosion.

* But seriously, it's not me this time.

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:37 AM Reply

LOL

I just tried tipping you a point to see if that still works. It said; "(Your points are not enough, please tip when you get enough points or at least 1 point. )"

I had, or SHOULD HAVE, 13 points. Of course I can't check my account to see if they're still there because the points and store credit buttons "just happened" to get lost during the change-over to the new site. Isn't it remarkable how dx's screw ups always wind up in their favor?

Stupid damn site. I just had to log in to post this.

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:41 AM Reply

Isn't it remarkable how dx's screw ups always wind up in their favor?

If you ignore DX losing almost all its customers, which isn't completely favourable. I find it incredibly remarkable how every change makes the site harder to use.

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:02 AM Reply

LOL .2

Out of curiosity I tried to write a review for sku.20392, which I bought here around 2012/2013

This was what part of the pop-up said; "You do not meet minimum eligibility requirements to write a review on dx".

They  never had a problem with my eligibility requirements when I spent all the money over the years though.

I wonder if employees of dx are too embarassed to admit it?

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:10 AM Reply

I think that means you wouldn't write the minimum possible, something like "Works good, like." All the DX staff handing out upvotes would have to read too much before upvoting it if you wrote a review.

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 21, 2019 2:20 PM Reply

Did you know I just made a post (http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1231048?page=55#1489294 ) and my post count didn't go up?

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 21, 2019 7:58 PM Reply

Hi sheepish. I was beginning to think that I was the only one still posting here. 

Your post count not going up doesn't surprise me at all. The IT team here is so stupid they are making dx lose sales. 

I used to check "Lights and Lighting" in new arrivals every day or 2. They've removed that category from new arrivals now which means there is no way to see what's been added recently. I thought about posting a site bug report but I really no longer care about helping them anymore. 

Anyways, it was good to hear from you. :)

Btw, my post count before posting this was 12555. 

Ask them.

Page 53 of 53
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere