Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

is it the 8Gb/256Go version of the mi mix 2s

• Maye_Tao Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:58 AM Reply

@AlexanderZ

It is not the global version. We will modified it. 

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(5502) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:45 PM Reply

@AlexanderZ

What are these “newer frequencies” you say are missing from the 6GB/64GB version? According to the site that you linked to, this model has the following 4G Bands:

B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B17 (700), B20 (800), B34 (TDD 2100), B38 (TDD 2600), B39 (TDD 1900), B40 (TDD 2300), B41 (TDD 2500).

You can find that list near the bottom of their home page where they compare the 6GB/64GB Mi MIX 2S with the Mi 7.

Where did you source the information that “it lacks many of the newer bands”? I have no idea whether or not the version DX are offering on presale has the same range of Bands as the one mentioned on your site but if it does, I see no reason why “4g coverage will be terrible in the USA”. Every U.S. provider listed in Wikipedia operates on at least one of those Bands (AT&T for instance use five of them).

Perhaps we should wait until @Maye_Tao has had a chance to check with Xiaomi to verify just which frequencies are available on their phone before condemning it.

Btw, we are not allowed to post links to other online stores or price comparison sites on the forum. You can remove it using the pencil icon at bottom right of your post.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• AlexanderZ Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:40 AM Reply

You don't need to confirm anything manually. You can literally go to the Xiaomi Mi site for Mainland China (the only place the phone has launched) and read it there (i can link it if you want but DX seems to be touchy about links, so i'm pasting them below):

The missing bands are in brackets.

8GB: (what DX is advertising for the 6GB version, which is blatantly wrong and going to confuse many users)

GSM                     B2 / B3 / B5 / B8 
    CDMA1X / EVDO BC0 / [BC1 / BC6 / BC10] (3 missing, these don't matter 99% of the time though)
    WCDMA               B1 / B2 / [B3] / B4 / B5 / [B6] / B8 / [B9 / B19 ] (4 missing)
    TD-SCDMA          B34 / B39 
    TD-LTE                B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41 
    FDD-LTE             B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B12 / 
                                [B13] / B17 / [B18 / B19] / B20 / [B25 / B26 /
                                B27/B28/B29/B30 ] (9 missing, have fun with a third of the LTE bands missing)

6GB:

GSM                     B2 / B3 / B5 / B8 
    CDMA1X / EVDO BC0 
    WCDMA                B1 / B2 / B4 / B5 / B8 
    TD-SCDMA           B34 / B39 
    TD-LTE                 B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41 
    FDD-LTE              B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 /
                                 B8 / B12 / B17 / B20 

I'm not against this site or this phone (in fact i'm a been a mostly happy customer for many years, the unhappyness is when i get DOA products, and the replacements are DOA too, so i give up, and that's for cheap items, imagine the pain it would be for a $600 phone), simply against false advertising of the product that might trick people into buying it when the phone won't work.

In general, you'll be missing a lot of 4G/LTE bands from most US carriers (=slower speeds and worse coverage), and be missing 2g from a few (not important unless you're out in the middle of nowhere and need to make an emergency call and the only overage is with the missing bands).

As for what the missing bands mean for some specific carriers:

- Boost Mobile will not work at all

- Freedom Pop will not have coverage except in major cities (not a huge issue though since anyone using freedom pop won't be buying this phone)

- Sprint's 4g coverage/speed will be way more terrible than it already is. This is still ~1/6 of the US subscribers.

- I concede that neither version has T-Mobile's super new bands so either should actually be fine if you plan to use T-Mobile only in the US.

I haven't looked at other countries either, but if you're buying a almost-flagship device, you probably want to not be stuck with crappy coverage. That's why I asked when the 8GB version will become available.

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by AlexanderZ on 4/18/2018 at 11:46 AM
Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere