Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Saler

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2018 6:49 AM Reply

Have you noticed this is the actual page the SKU redirects to, even though sku.597355 is still the number shown on the page? Even with DX's history of screwing things up with site updates, it's a mystery why DX is doing this.

https://www.dx.com/p/2089872

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24932) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2018 7:45 AM Reply

I have some old 775 motherboards this might work it. Could be fun playing around with these Xeons...

Did you notice that the description said these are "used"?

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12556) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:59 AM Reply

sheepish I haven't noticed that. Maybe they're going to a new SKU numbering system?

gasbag11 - WOW truth in advertising! That doesn't surprise me. These are old CPUs that were probably pulled from working machines. The CPU has been notched and pin-swapped to work in 775 boards. The pin-swap mod appears to be glued/soldered in place, which is a lot more reliable than a pin-swap sticker that could get misaligned.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7071) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:22 AM Reply

Also, the pop-up details window on the link sku.597355 doesn't work. Is that just me?

I had the thought that DX might be changing the SKU number of products which show the wrong details in the old URL, since the URL apparently couldn't be changed. But I doubt it's anything as reasonable as that; my guess is the actual reason (if there is one) won't make anywhere near as much sense.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24932) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, December 5, 2018 5:09 AM Reply

The pop up windows don't work for me either. I guess that's another "improvement"?

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7071) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere