Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Help for laptop cells replacement

• psmaniaco Sunday, December 6, 2009 6:59 AM Reply
    I am not so sure if I will be able to do this replacement .....
    however I will try...
    Posts(86) | Reviews | Tip post

• psmaniaco Tuesday, January 5, 2010 6:48 AM Reply
    Cells arrived.
    I have tried to do the job but I have big problems.
    First of all, the cells size is a little bigger than the originals, so the battery pack does'nt fit on the original battery cover. Trying to fit it, some soldering point and the "ground points" (if they are for this)are broken (sorry for ENGRISH..) After resolder they I have tried to plug the pack without the cover and the resoult is that the power led on the notebook blinks red. With the power cord plugged in, thenotebook startup OK and the battery results as "not on charge". If I unplug the power cord the notebook stay on but the power led reamin in blinking mode.
    I haven't yet resoldered the "ground points" because I think that meaby they aren't so important..... there is any change to fix the pack soldering they?
    The behavior of the notebook help to anderstand what the problem is/are ????

Please read all the post and answer me..... I'm on trouble :(

• LeftBand Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:00 AM Reply
    As I know, there is a special microcontroller in the original laptop battery.
    You need to reset the memory of this controller.
    Posts(24) | Reviews | Tip post

• psmaniaco Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:54 AM Reply
    too late :(

I have tried months ago broking all the cables soldered on the microcontroller :(

I am planning to buy a new battery (on ebay I have found a 6 cells battery at 31€) when I will really ned it (actually I always use the laptop with the power supplier)

However, thanks for the answer ;)

• zivizivi Monday, April 19, 2010 1:00 AM Reply
    dude, they are not "ground points" they are tiny temperature sensors.. that's why ur comp gives bad battery error while blinking that irritating led.. not all battery packs got that "must be reset before change cells microchip" thingy.
    so u are on the right way.
    just solder that sensors back in and look at ur batteries + terminal closer. some batteries have extra nipple for positive terminal therefore they become longer (if its out of standard 650mm it must be that extra nipple).. if that's the case u can remove the first layer of plastic cover from the cell and remove that extra part easly than you will be fine (they sometimes have 2 layers of protective shrink tube). if u cannot be sure just strip one cell naked and examine. after that u can use kapton tape or something for later usage. (u can use duct tape or electrical insulation tapes also, heat resistant tapes are best for this job tho)

just don't give up ull succeed easily..

best of luck and be carefull!!
    Posts(19) | Reviews | Tip post

• ThinkPad Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:58 AM Reply
    Most battery electronics need to keep power on it, otherwise they lock the electronics and you can throw away the battery.

I did an attempt with an ThinkPad T42 battery (BQ2060 EEPROM) and forgot to keep the electronics powered during the cell swap > result: electronics dead, blinking battery LED
    Posts(116) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere