Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

My name is Greg and I'm a DX junkie...

• gregwalton Friday, August 6, 2010 4:12 AM Reply
    Trouble is that the designs are ripped off, so they might as well rip off the name as well. It makes me laugh when they rip off a design from, say, Benchmade and put a Schrade logo on it. Eh?!
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Friday, August 6, 2010 9:50 AM Reply
    These 2 knives: sku#32587 & sku#29450 -both branded Boker, are in the S&W 2009 catalog. In fact if you search that catalog you'll get a real deja vu kinda feeling...

I think the idea is to either:
    1. avoid copyright infringement by not actually copying everything...?
    2. attract copyright infringement by copying bits of everybody at the same time ;)

Either way- I still think the knives on DX are great overall.
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Friday, August 6, 2010 11:29 AM Reply
    they're not all mix matched counterfeits.

sku.5861 is a direct copy of a benchmade stryker. and these say benchmade on them too.

it has the weight and feel of a stryker. but when you look closer there's no mistakin' it for the real thing.
    you won't find a single tool mark on a real benchmade. this thing is riddled with them.
    i know the materials used are not the same level of quality either.

on it's own, not a bad knife for the money. but an embarrassment of a knife to be branded a benchmade.
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Friday, August 6, 2010 12:49 PM Reply
    one of my fav examples of signs of a copy is sku#18266 -seems I keep telling this story all over the place...

branded EMERSON on the box

On emerson knives the blade says "EMERSON KNIVES"
    On 18266 the blade says "EMERSON KNMES"
    -looks very close, and you can see how 'i e v' and 'm e' in caps and close together looks almost the same...

-lots of the other knives have this- a small spelling error, done on purpose

• flashin Friday, August 6, 2010 10:14 PM Reply
    taiwan is spelled wrong on these sold out "spiderco" fakes.

and you know china can spell taiwan!

it says "tanwai"

sku.19204

Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by flashin on 8/6/2010 at 10:18 PM
  • cantstopshopper Saturday, August 7, 2010 1:23 AM Reply
    lol on that one!

Page 3 of 3
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere