Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

sku.33987 into Australia

• flashin Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:50 PM Reply
    i'm just yankin' your chain buddy...
    i actualy thought it was a pretty cool site.
    at least the products are cool....

but you'de be really lucky to get dx to carry those kind of parts.

i think you could get assisted ones from here with no problems from customs as long as you have other items in the order to draw attention off the knife.
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• driftin Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:53 PM Reply
    Yeh I think it would be cool if DX could get a 'laser kit' seeing how Australia only allows 1mw and below allowed :/
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:57 AM Reply
    well we're have a similar situation here with only 5mw lasers allowed.
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• cashman2011 Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:24 AM Reply
    Well this is a funny conversation lol.
    okay listen up noobs. you see automatic knives and switch blades and butterfly knives are illegal in most country's however manual release knives along with spring assisted knives are very much legal. Iv got many knives off of deal extreme and all made it here, o and by the way i live in canada so come on if they let a knife into canada they are going to allow it pretty much anywhere.
    Posts(12) | Reviews | Tip post

• frills Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:54 PM Reply
    That's downright dangerous misinformation, and ignorant.

Canada's knife laws are not a global barometer. Laws vary by country, province, state and even city in places and it is not safe for people to make sweeping assumptions.

There are also fewer countries with a complete ban on balisongs & automatics than not. Out of the 194 in the world today only a handful even bother making a big issue out of it.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• cashman2011 Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:56 PM Reply
    man that was sweet i was hoping there was going to be someone that was going to come up with a smart @$$ responce, you know what man good... good for you.

ps. and jesus loves you
    Posts(12) | Reviews | Tip post

• Raniak Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:15 PM Reply
    Cashman, our (in Canada) laws on knifes are next to non-existent. Comparing Canada to Australia when it comes to import is like comparing Canada and the States when it comes to guns...
    Posts(99) | Reviews | Tip post

• mulder89 Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:45 AM Reply
    I know this comes a long time after you posted your original question but you are legally allowed to import knives into Australia IF they adhere to Custom requirements. At the moment any knife that has a thumb stub to help open the blade is being taken by customs and being classified as a flick knife. Even though Customs own web site says

Flick knives and similar devices
    Knives that can opened with gravity or centrifugal force and/or pressure applied to a button, spring or device in or attached to the handle of the knife.

they have changed the law to suit themselves by now saying that any knife that can be opened with one hand using a continuous movement (flicked open) is now a flick knife. I had one knife seized by customs recently and if I want that knife back I have to get permission to import from the Police. If I argue with them they will start court proceedings against me. Currently there are two court cases running to have this "interpretation" of the law over turned. Currently the court cost are in excess of $100,000.
    The only way a knife with a thumb stud will pass is if the main blade pivot is tighten to not allow it to open in one movement.
    I know for a fact that my Leatherman will not pass the test yet they are legal to import. If you stick to straight blade, or knives without thumb studs and are not double edged blades you should be ok.
    If you want to see the test that have applied to the knives now email me at
    pardini22 at hotmail.com
    and I will email you the information. Please be patient if you request it as I only check that account every few days or so.
    I was talking with some people the other day who have had knives from Deals extreme seized so be careful what you import until you know for sure.
    David
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere