Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Can this handle 14500?

• cabfrank Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:03 PM Reply
    with any luck, it will still operate on 14500's, even if it no longer works on AA's.
    Posts(494) | Reviews | Tip post

• cabfrank Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:05 PM Reply
    of course, having said that, it would be really nice if we didn't always have to guess and experiment. i know, wishful thinking, but not really too much to ask for.
    Posts(494) | Reviews | Tip post

• wipe2002 Monday, February 7, 2011 8:30 AM Reply
    I agree DX should have better and more accurate specifications. But this time I see no need to blame the seller, because this one is clearly not specified for li-ions. Of course anyone can try to "overclock" it, but what happens then should not be the sellers headache.

Anyway, I shortly tried how much current it draws from the battery with different input voltages. Current it draw was always almost exactly 2 amps when supply voltage was between 1.4 - 3 volts. I didn't want to burn it so I stopped to 3 V (equals to 6 watts input power). With 70% or more efficiency the driver already overdrives the emitter then. So it always takes more power when battery voltage raises. According this I'd say it is not suitable for li-ions (at least not for a long term use).
    Posts(107) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by wipe2002 on 2/14/2011 at 8:11 AM
Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere