Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Modes

• alaskanalain Monday, March 14, 2011 5:22 PM Reply
    You are the first person I came across that like all five modes, in a year of reading these forums. I have ordered these for my Search and Rescue buddies and they also don't like the modes. sos can be tapped out by pushing the button in half way, it isnt even at the right speed on these, no one will really be looking for sos, they look for slow strobe for water rescues. The fast strobe is a tactical thing, thedtrain is right about that, it is useless without its own button, no use mounting this on a shotgun because the preasure switch changes the modes, I agree that Hi, Med, Lo, or something closer to that is best.
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• TheDTrain Monday, March 14, 2011 9:25 PM Reply
    I like the variety.

I came to the conclusion, that the mode-groups (suggested earlier) are the perfect solution for everybody. Combined with the mode-groups I proposed...

The "programmable flashlight" is a stretch to produce. It would be fun to toy around with. But it's not going to happen, specially not for $20 flashlights. The mode-groups on the other side, should be easy to implement by the manufacturers.

---

On a side note: I like the 501/502 casing. It's compact but with a substantial power source (18650). That combined with the mode-groups I listed, would be a dream. And of course with the best possible emitter. I'm checking out the sku.39359 flashlight (too). It has a MC-E (BIN M) emitter. Seems to be bright/white (the ones I like).

Another preference I'm looking for, is a light that produces a concentrated spot (even further away), instead of flooding a scenery (hope I used the right terms).
    Posts(121) | Reviews | Tip post

• HarmlessJohnny5 Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:03 AM Reply
    I've reworked (like ya got to when ya get em, tail switch, filing/shaving, bad contact, foil/paste, etc.) and sold a LOT of lights. I have -never- has someone who likes the modes 'flash' 'strobe' 'SOSOSOSO" or even "SOS...SOS". NO ONE seems to like them (in my experience), seriously annoyed witht he modes and tolerate then -only- due to really low price for the product. Personally, I hate the HI NORMAL MID STROBE STORBE 2 SOSOSOS ETC
    What I would like (what everyone who I have ever asked would like), is
    HI (100%) MID (40-60% or -anything- close to that) LOW (3%-10%, -no more-)

(btw, 50% is certainly -not- low)

Due to repeated complaints I have now decided to raise my prices by like 5 or 10 bucks and start buying my drivers from the other site. I would put in a product request but there is no point, -so- many people have complained on this very issue, so many time and over so much time that if it still has not been addressed here, it will not be.
    Course there is the 'programmable 10 dollar driver here, but it dosen't work anymore and they still sell it as it used to be (nothing against DX here, just the products that are available here). As I understand, it has no modes at all now, and every time yo turn it on you must dial inthe brightness you like. -every time-

If DX get's a clue and gets drivers that fit, run the LED and 0ffer the prefered modes by most (perhaps a child would like strobe, until they hear form others around them that it's a 'kiddie function' then they'd likely prefer a 'real' flashlight, assuming they don't get annoyed on their own after the 'new' factor of the extra modes wear off).
    Posts(159) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere