Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Compatible Firmware - My testing and notes + Links

• thunderbolt Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:04 PM Reply
    I opened a new topic, but I thought it was important to post this here too:

The clone model that came to me was the one with a removable power cord. When I installed it, everything seemed to be ok (the tuner was working as expected) until I plugged a network cable into the receiver's ethernet port. DHCP and Fixed IP didn't work and I even with the latter I could ping the receiver's address from another computer of the network.

Doing some reserch on google, I discovered that some of these S10 clones sent by DX had a problem in it's NIC: Besides being sold as capable of operating at 100mbps, the truth is that it can't. It would only work at 10mbps. That was great! I had to get an old 10mbps switch to use my device...

But then I remembered that I had an old broadcom router with dd-wrt firmware unused. As dd-wrt is linux based, it could be a way to configure one of it's ethernet ports to communicate at 10mbps. After many hours of additional research I managed to archieve that (the key is ipkg and robocfg package).

With the router at 10mbps I as finally able to ping the receiver... Voilá! A light at the end of the tunnel? Not so fast...
    DHCP continued not working and even with IP fixed I was not able to ping the receiver from another device that wasn't connected to the broadcom router.

Recearching again in google I found the answer: All clone devices sold with Machine ID FF-FF-FF-00-00-00-00-00 have this problem. Unhappily I am a "lucky" owner of one. To know if your device has the same issue, go to Menu -> Tools -> Information.

This problem seems to be of no solution. So, for the users that are still think about buying one of those, take my advice: If you need the ethernet port for CS, consider buying another receiver!
    Posts(24) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by thunderbolt on 5/27/2012 at 6:06 PM
  • jackmallor Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:03 PM Reply
    una pregunta...con cual firmware lo actualizan ?? porque creo que es un clon¡¡¡
    gracias¡¡

jack
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Belezao2 Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:52 PM Reply
    My Machine ID is 00-03-00-00-00-00-00-00 and works perfect with fixed IP. I don't use CS, Are there another use to ethernet port?
    Posts(17) | Reviews | Tip post

• alexsim2004 Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:32 AM Reply
    26/09/2012 Update - There has been a new 'hacked' S10 Firmware released with no clone bomb, and that finally enables the use of the S10's network adapter. So that finally CCcam e.t.c can work!
    Notes:
    Clone bomb removed (Safe for clones!)
    Much more stable than the stock firmware
    No lip sync issues so far
    Box now has a valid MAC address so that the NIC can function correctly - CCcam now works, as well as S10 STB LAN tool.
    This is now my recommended firmware for the Openbox S10 clones.

Firmware name: HDS2-12-08-13_0481CMT
    Date: 13th August 2012
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jbgww4gan74n0wc

Credit and Thanks go to thunderbolt for finding and sharing this firmware with us, and to AnonymousSX for hacking and releasing the firmware.
    Original post:
    "Guys,

Finally we see some light at the end of the tunnel!
    AnonymousSX has released a last firmware before retirement.
    The firmware was based on yogia's 20100312 with the bootloader modified to leave our clones unharmed.

The great news is that with this firmware the MAC addrress is changed from the faulty one (4F-...) to another one that is within the "normal" range (in my device it started with 2D-...) and so the device is correctly recognized by my wireless router!

But there is another (small) problem: We cannot organize the channel list in alphabetic orther.

Here is the link to it:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/r-a7jFkz/HDS2-12-08-13_0481CMT_S9_S10_S.html

All credits goes to user ttwrs from Mundoaz forum!!"

Posts(14) | Reviews | Tip post

• RicHard59 Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:50 AM Reply
    Looks good. Use FAV-button to access & edit fav-groups.
    Posts(20) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by RicHard59 on 10/4/2012 at 5:59 AM
  • perfil2011 Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:48 PM Reply
    Hola alexsim2004, quería darte las gracias por el firmware, lo instala en mi open box, y funcionó muy bien, hay cosas muy pequeñas que tu nombras, que le faltan a este actualizador, pero está muy bien. No sabes cuanto costo para hacer fucionar el open, hice algunas pruebas de señal y siempre me marcaba lo mismo y no me conectaba con el satelite( la coneccion a la parabolica y al LBN estaba buena, ya que la probe con otro receptor), lo que pasaba era que el conector que sale del receptor estaba desconectado y por eso no recepcionada el satelite, te cuento esto por que gracias al firmware, encontre el porque no podía hacer funcionar el deco.
    Perfil 2012
    Disculpa si hay algun error en la traduccion.

Alexsim2004 Hello, I wanted to thank you for the firmware, install it on my open box, and it worked great, no very small things that you name it, you are missing this updater, but very good. Not sure how much it cost to operate the open, I did some tests and I always sign marking the same and I connected with the satellite (the connection to the dish and LBN was good, because the probe with another receiver), it happened was that the connector coming from the receiver was disconnected and therefore not receptioned the satellite, I tell you this because thanks to the firmware, I found why I could not run the deco.
    Profile 2012
    Sorry for any mistakes in writing but use a translator
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• ss400 Monday, October 29, 2012 12:04 PM Reply
    Hi to all.

I got a (original) Skybox s12 try this firmware and after many many I mean many test, now my turner is out of sync, can't even go back to my backup or any else firmware, will just work with the same (HDS2-12-08-13_0481CMT) this is going to sound funny but here it is - I guess this one got a virus on it -.

please dear masters of the universe help this dude out. Don't want to deal with another 3 month period or even worse customs issue's again :(

keep up the good work!
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• AlphamanBR Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:16 PM Reply
    Alexsim2004 Hello, I put this on my Openbox s10 firmware, but I took off, because in the information screen appeared chip code FFFF, I was afraid to give problems when power off more than 10 times. I wonder if this information appears on your too? Because as you said the killclone was removed, even that does not recognizing the chip, not having killclone no problem, am I right?
    Thanks for the help.
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 11 of 11
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere