Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

HOWDY!!!

• flasshin Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:05 PM Reply
    i still have my first bicycle acidica!!!
    a '76 huffy star spangler that i'm almost done with a restoration i started a few months ago.

i've lived in the same place for 41 of my 42 years..... so hangin' on to things for a LONG time hasn't been very hard to do.
    howdy from ohio!!
    as "flashin" i have an 8102 post count!
    and 67 reveiws!

(read & remember john 3:16-17)

Posts(229) | Reviews | Tip post

• leev211 Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:42 PM Reply
    the bodywork on your skylark looks really good
    a couple of hours with a sand blaster and a welder
    and it would be ready for some primer and paint

Posts(1524) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Friday, October 28, 2011 1:38 PM Reply
    dispite the neglect ....it is still in pretty good shape. i guess that's the difference in the way cars used to be made compared to how they're made now. the steel on this car feels twice as thick as what's on these newer cars.
    i'm not gonna concentrate on the cosmetics very much yet. probably sand it some then just put a coat or two of primer gray on it for a while.
    gonna focus mainly on the mechanicals first. eng/trans/brakes/electrical out of my trashed '79 impala are goin' into the skylark to semi update it..... and nearly double it's power! :)
    the impala was fast for a huge car.... the skylark weighs 800 to 1000 pounds less. should be A LOT of fun. it's even more fun when you thrash on newer cars with a crapy lookin' car. sometimes the sound gives away what's under the hood.... that tends to weed out the chickens.
    i had an 83 oldsmobile wagon that was built pretty good, but in serious need of body work. i wasted a lot of mustangs gt's with that car 'til they caught on to it. then no one would race me. :(
    i hope to do the same with the skylark for a while.
    howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

• LAL Moderator Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:20 PM Reply
    Heeeeyyyyyyy :)
    Forum Mod - *not* DX™ Staff
    ******* Forum Rules: http://dxurl.com/RX4j *******
    How to contact DX --> https://cs.dx.com

O homem comum fala, o sábio escuta, o tolo discute, o babaca insulta
    Posts(36488) | Reviews | Tip post

• funkdoctor Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, October 30, 2011 8:51 AM Reply
    hey flashin :)

hmmm, its a perfect opportunity to get out a video camera and make a documentary of it... sell it to discovery, they love that sort of car restoration thing... hmm you could also do some man v nature stuff too :) i'd watch it, at least.
    Arararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararar
    arrarararararrarrara

Posts(5896) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:24 PM Reply
    ....well believe it or not, but this car got 20 miles per gallon when it had it's buick 300 c.i. V8 in it. the chevy 350 V8 (not stock) i'm puttin' in the skylark got around 23 miles per gallon in the '79 impala.

i think the fuel mileage problems of the '70's were mainly due to the cars still bein' heavy, but the engines bein' choked down to 1/2 the horsepower.

aerodynamics have a lot to due with it too..... both cars i'm talkin' about are about as aero as a barn door.

bein' lighter is a definate advantage. i can hardly wait to see what that chevy 350 will do in the 800 pound lighter skylark!!

as for fuel consumption...... a lot of us have more than one car. (i have 6 right now)
    we'll own one that's not so good on gas, like a truck or and old muscle car that we drive once in a while. then we'll have somethin' smaller that's driven all the time and gets way better mileage..... but is no where near as cool. .....personaly i don't have one of those smaller better fuel mileage cars. don't like 'em. ;)

hey funky!! i think i'll start the video part when the engine goes in and gets fired up for the first time. after that is when all the "interesting" video will be shot. lots of tire smoke and ear splittin' engine screams with wide open headers........ oh, i'm startin' to slobber thinkin' about it now.
    my garage is in progress and should be done in a couple weeks. then i'll really be able to get started workin' on it.
    howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

• LAL Moderator Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:02 PM Reply
    heeeeyyy! (2nd call)
    Forum Mod - *not* DX™ Staff
    ******* Forum Rules: http://dxurl.com/RX4j *******
    How to contact DX --> https://cs.dx.com

O homem comum fala, o sábio escuta, o tolo discute, o babaca insulta
    Posts(36488) | Reviews | Tip post

• warchicken Monday, October 31, 2011 9:54 PM Reply
    Hey
    :D -
    There is no God
    Posts(1457) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:04 PM Reply
    HEY LAL!!!!!!!!! (sorry)

Hey chicken!!
    howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

• Mike-H Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:48 AM Reply
    @flash "personaly i don't have one of those smaller better fuel mileage cars. don't like 'em. ;) "

me neither, i still think 20 -30mpg is good gas mileage, anything more than that and it feels like i'm driving something made out of recycled coke cans.

Posts(4615) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere