Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

HOWDY!!!

• flasshin Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:10 PM Reply
    hey mike!! yeh i agree. i consider 20mpg to be excellent! ....and i get anxious anymore when ridin' in anything smaller than my silverado. i prefer bein' the foot that squashes the coke can, and not the one ridin' in the can!!

yeh webby sometimes you gotta pay for comfort..... and safety. on a real good day my silverado gets 17mph. but, it weighs nearly 6000 pounds with a 5.7 liter V8, so i guess that's not too bad. ......it's worth the "bad" gas mileage just to hear the dual exhaust! :)
    i don't know what canadian gas prices are like but $10 here won't even give me a 1/4 tank. ...i.m not even sure the fuel guage needle moves!
    i think your honda may have been built here in ohio! there's factory near columbus. (marysville)
    howdy from ohio!!
    as "flashin" i have an 8102 post count!
    and 67 reveiws!

(read & remember john 3:16-17)

Posts(229) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:44 PM Reply
    ouch!
    we're at about $3.50 a gallon.... i'de still drive my V8's, just a little less at $6 a gallon!!
    howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

• Mike-H Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:10 AM Reply
    @webby we pay £1.36/litre thats $2.16(us) per litre thats $9.83(us) a gallon and my h2 does a whole 2mpg but in winter it feels safe to drive as its not going to fall apart if i happen to hit a tree (assuming i'd notice it hitting a tree)

Posts(4615) | Reviews | Tip post

• Mike-H Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:01 PM Reply
    lol @ you buying north sea oil and selling it after refining and shipping for almost half the price we pay in the country nearest to it.

Posts(4615) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:34 PM Reply
    one thing's for sure..... there is NO oil shortage. just greedy oil companies.
    i think the u.s. has as much oil hoarded in reserves as canada has underground waitin' to be pumped out.
    greed will bite 'em in the tail feathers one of these days.

my brother spent a few days in dubai a while back and gas was around 50 cents a gallon!
    too bad we can't mail order a few thousand gallons at that price.
    howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, November 4, 2011 12:42 AM Reply
    50 cents a gallon!

Damn. That's just over 13 cents per Litre.

It's about $1.40 AUD per Litre here.

Was that some kind of special circumstance price (for people in the armed forces or something) or a regular price which any common person on the road in Dubai could avail themselves of?
    DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, November 4, 2011 12:57 AM Reply
    It seems I'm in bubble bursting mode today. "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" ... something you should Google.

flasshin's price is per litre, not per gallon.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Friday, November 4, 2011 1:32 PM Reply
    well i was off a little.... the price of gasoline per liter in dubai is $1.72 right now.
    my brother wasn't there for the military, he retired a few months ago.
    he was there on a business trip for the company he works for now.
    i think he must have been thinkin' gallons when he saw the prices.

howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, November 4, 2011 8:00 PM Reply
    50 cents per Litre would still have left me almost as stunned.

I recall shortly before last Christmas they were talking here about the chance that petrol could fall back below a dollar per litre. It has gone in the other direction ever since and not looked back lol.

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, November 4, 2011 11:37 PM Reply
    well i was off a little.... the price of gasoline per liter in dubai is $1.72 right now.

Are you now using US$ instead of AED (or Dh)? Not everyone in the world cares what a US$ or a gallon is!

http://www.emirates247.com/business/why-uae-petrol-price-could-just-double-2011-10-16-1.423676

Why UAE petrol price could just double
    Despite the fact that Dubai-based fuel retailers increased the price of petrol by 35 fils in 2010, the current retail price (Dh1.72 per litre for Special, or Octane 95 grade petrol) is still more than Dh1.19 cheaper than the conventional Singapore grade Octane 95 and Dh1.35 cheaper than the Los Angeles grade, data shows.
    The basic grade of petrol in Dubai costs Dh1.72 at local filling stations (ENOC and EPPCO) while Bloomberg Singapore 95 Octane Gasoline fob Spot Cargo Price was $125.9 per barrel (approx. 159 litres) as of October 14, 2011 – which works out to Dh2.91 per litre.
    Similar calculations reveal that local retail prices will have to go up to Dh3.07 per litre to match the Los Angeles Reformulated RBOB Regular Gasoline Spot Price, which was at $3.159 per gallon on October 12, 2011.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 3 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere