Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

Best Folding knife?-nonelocking <3"blade,not heavy

• bunk3r Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:29 AM Reply
    I'm after a cheap Dealextreme knife to take on over night bikepacking trips (like backpacking, but on a bike) so nothing too bulky/heavy.

Im after a folding knife, it must not lock in its open position (UK law generally doesnt like people carrying locking knifes) and likewise <3" sharpened blade length (again UK law is trickier for carrying something longer than this).

It doesnt need to be anything great, it will just be used to cut the odd guy rope, whittle the odd stick etc.

this is the most suited I have found so far: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sr2009-manual-release-folding-steel-tool-knife-11620
    Posts(30) | Reviews | Tip post

• bunk3r Friday, November 4, 2011 4:40 PM Reply
    I found the black version http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sr2008-manual-release-folding-steel-tool-knife-with-holster-11619 its clear from the video that it does lock (in a very nice fancy way), I need it to be none locking.

Back to square one, any ideas?

• 8048838 Saturday, November 5, 2011 9:37 PM Reply
    I'd consider picking a victorinox if u cant use locking blades..
    SKU 65962 is a victorinox, there are cheaper ones here
    You can also get "el cheapo" ones like this:
    SKU 51424 Is a $2.80 non locking blade, but i dont know how long will this last..
    Anyway, you are better than me.. I'm Brazil if you are stopped and its found a knife with you, there are absolutely no laws about knives.. so the police decides what to do with you. If he wants your knife to resell, if he wants you to pay his beer, if he wants to "confiscate" your knife..

Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• bunk3r Sunday, November 6, 2011 4:18 PM Reply
    Thanks the voctorinox is a consideration, not the stlye I was looking for, but practical for the purpose, over budget, but still a consideration. and yeah the el cheapo looks to el cheapo.

• __EssexMan__ Monday, November 7, 2011 4:28 PM Reply
    Hi bunk3r,

You won't find any good slipjoints on DX.

If you are back packing/camping then you have what would be deemed "good cause" to have a locking blade knife. But it's up to you to understand the law and how it works. Pop over to britishblades.com and look up the law forum. Learn about what you can carry and why you can carry it etc.

Going back to China, for a very good quality slipjoint search for Sanrenmu (SRM) H02. Cheap as chips but very good.

In fact there's a chap on Britishblades who holds a few stock in the UK, if you join the forum drop me a PM and I'll give you the details.
    Posts(101) | Reviews | Tip post

• bunk3r Monday, November 7, 2011 5:10 PM Reply
    Thanks, yeah I knew for my main purpose I could carry a locking, I thought there would be plenty of knifes available that would be legal as an EDC so it would make sense to get one so I could leave it in the car boot or whatever, but yeah I now realise that there arent many cheap uk legal EDC's.

Im not a fan of the sanrenmu Ho2's looks, but the sanrenmu 763 looks very nice so Ive ordered one :) and figure I will only carry it when justified, and leave a nonelocking multitool in the car boot.

Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere