Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

over 18? and will it get through customs????

• Maxiboi Saturday, December 24, 2011 1:48 PM Reply
    I am going to order my first knife from here, (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-steel-manual-release-folding-knife-20cm-full-length-32577) and i am ordering it with a few other items, so will it get through nz customs?, aswell can it be under my name (cause im 16) or does it have to be under my parents name?

ty, Max
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

• slickleg Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:10 AM Reply
    it should be fine, ive just recently ordered this knife, apparently it takes longer than any other to arrive, but ive imported other knives to NZ just fine. be aware that to import knives to nz the blade has to be less than 10cm, and not assisted (ie flick knives, balisongs, etc..) . ive never been contacted by customs when importing knives, so you should be alright, (im 17).

could you let me know when your knife arrived to NZ, as you ordered a couple of weeks before i did.?
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• Ahsra Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:30 AM Reply
    I'm kinda unwary of getting knifes into NZ, if me and my mates order a package of 10 together what do you think would happen? Would it be better to order them all separately?
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• slickleg Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:59 AM Reply
    not too sure as i haven't ordered a bulk amount before. Just make sure the blades are under 10cm and they are manual folding knives, not assisted (careful as some dealextreme knives are actually flick knives although they say otherwise). i would probably order them individually, or in orders of two or three.. Shipping is free anyway lol. The worst that could happen is custom seizes them, and your out of pocket a few dollars.

• Ahsra Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:22 AM Reply
    Thanks man, can you link me the knifes you got in NZ bro? :]

• slickleg Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:41 AM Reply
    SKU 19782 SKU 19045 so far, other knives were off different websites which i cant find the links for.

• Duster Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:22 PM Reply
    Do you think that the postman and/or custom clerk will know your age just by looking at your name and address on the package?
    Posts(1069) | Reviews | Tip post

• Ahsra Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:59 PM Reply
    I've gotten one knife into NZ so far. I have ordered two though, dont know what happened to the 2nd one

• TygerTung Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:05 AM Reply
    I havn't had any problems getting any knives through customs.

I don't think you have to be over 18 to own a knife here do you? Is that a new law?
    Posts(58) | Reviews | Tip post

• Shasseu Friday, January 4, 2013 6:32 PM Reply
    Huh? I thought you must be >= 18 to even have a money account.
    Posts(45) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere