Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Partner Program (Affiliates))
Partner Program (Affiliates)

Worth having the links ?

• joannak Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:43 AM Reply
    I have been using DealExtreme for some years and recommended it to my friends for their needs. I started a new tech-related blog some months ago. So I read about this affiliate program and thought it might not do any harm to mention the goodies I use and like them.

Couple months ago I started to use affiliate links, but has not seen anything yet. I know that my blog ain't amongst the most read, but it would be nice to have a way to make sure those links are rigth and this lack of referrals is just it.. Not ny kind of error in DealExtrem systems.

Now, I've been reading these affiliate related messages, and it seems to me that entire system is .. well, a bit unstable at best. I assume Dx-people are planing to make a new one for the new site, but so far I have not seen much progress during these months.

I know this forum ain't proper place to ask pointers to competing sellers with working affiliate programs, so I'm not going to ask. What I'm asking is some kind estimation (from DX staff, if possible) of the time this new system starts to work.
    Posts(23) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:12 AM Reply
    that entire system is .. well, a bit unstable at best.

That's a good way of describing it. I'd like to know when we can expect assurances that the existing system is working as it should. Maybe they're just ignoring it because, hey, what can we do? And because they are concentrating on the new site/system. Either way, it's not good for the present affiliate program.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24940) | Reviews | Tip post

• joannak Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:33 AM Reply
    Thankyou for your reply.

Based on the sheer lack of new posts in this area, I tend to make assumption that this Affiliate-system is mostly dead by now. Kinda pitty, cause I do like DealExtreme's wide product sortiment and user made reviews.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:24 PM Reply
    I wouldn't say that, no. But DX does look like they are trying to screw customers, with points on orders and on points from the affiliate scheme.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:57 PM Reply
    Remembering 30 years.

• joannak Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:18 PM Reply
    Nice. I do hope that they are indeed getting things working. There are so many competing companies out there, that Dx can't just wait idly.

• joannak Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:50 AM Reply
    @sheepish Is there any way to check if those affiliate links are at proper format. So far I have not seen any single point (or partial point even), and even though it may well be due their system-mess (or my weak page), I'd like to know what's the right way to add your ID at the product link.

Links do work in a sense that they do transfer user at the right product page, but besides that.. Well, I know that I could knowingly try to use the link and purchase a product myself, but that woudl be against the basic rules.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:56 AM Reply
    The "check" is normally that you see the referrals rolling in. If you follow the instructions in the sticky then it works.
    Remembering 30 years.

• joannak Monday, October 1, 2012 11:13 AM Reply
    For some reason there seem to be some kind of Spam-infestation going on this forum. Or at least on this thread, which I noticed cause I do get E-mail notifications each time someone posts here.

«Reply to this thread (in Partner Program (Affiliates))
Partner Program (Affiliates)

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere