Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Topics)
General Topics

Thread Closed DO NOT TRUST DX offers! Read my customer servive:

• ddjjdd Monday, March 12, 2012 5:36 AM Reply
    Do NOT trust DX's offers!
    Read my customer service horror story below:

On 11/25/2011 I placed Order Number 1125XUXM, and transfer funds immediately via PayPal.
    The order was for a RC Helicopter on sale for 50% off. It was meant as a Christmas present.

Here is my back and forth with the customer rep during the service ticket:

12/26/2011 3:08:47 AM
    Whats going on with you guys??? I placed the order on 11/25/2011 and it has still not even shipped, and your shipping also usually takes forever (at least 1 month).
    Why do you not take any responsibility for false advertising of items "shipping within 4-7 days" and "arrives within 14 days"??

I want to be a loyal customer, but I find this very frustrating to work with a company that does not back up its claims!
    =====

12/27/2011 1:55:02 AM
    Apologizes for this long delay.
    According to the status of your order,your items are packing now. Would you mind waiting a few more days? Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards
    Max
    =====

12/27/2011 5:18:42 AM
    It has been "packaging" for over a week! I do realize that its the holiday season (now) but this order should have priority as it was placed so long ago.

Why do you not take any responsibility for false advertising of items "shipping within 4-7 days" and "arrives within 14 days"??
    =====

2/29/2011 1:24:31 AM

Apologizes for this inconvenience we have brought to you.
    From the information of delivery, one of two items was shipped yesterday,and the item 81646 can not be to its destination in time for its scarcity. Can I have your decision about this unshipped item?
    Look forward to reply.

Max
    -----

1/6/2012 1:35:31 AM
    What is going on??? I ordered this on 25/11. 45 days and it has not been shipped yet!! Why does DX not take responsibility for this??
    =====

1/9/2012 3:47:51 AM
    Apologizes for this and we will give you a little discount to make up for you.
    Could you tell me if you have received one of them? and could I have your decision about this unshipped item?

Max
    =====

1/20/2012 3:31:42 PM
    The other item finally arrived.

When you say "small discount" I assume that you mean larger than the $$$ lost because I purchased an item on sale, and something more because of your not upholding your end of the deal??
    The price I paid for SKU 81646 on sale is $13.60
    The list price for this item is $27.20
    So what are you offering?
    =====

2/3/2012
    2:34:32 AM

Could you tell me how to deal with the unshipped item?

Look forward to your reply.

Max
    =====

2/3/2012 6:21:33 AM
    Hi Max,

When you say "small discount" I assume that you mean larger than the $$$ lost because I purchased an item on sale, and something more because of your not upholding your end of the deal??
    The price I paid for SKU 81646 on sale is $13.60
    The list price for this item is $27.20
    So what are you offering?
    =====

2/8/2012 2:46:00 AM
    Generally, we will give you 10% discount of the price of the item.

Max
    =====

2/8/2012
    1:45:17 PM
    10% of what??
    You took my money months ago. Have not supplied the item, and now you you offer 10% discount when I lost a 50% discount?!
    How does this make sense?

Max, please put me in touch with a manager.
    This is unacceptable!
    =====

2/10/2012 3:12:51 AM
    Sorry, I made a mistake for that.
    The price of the item you did not receive is $13.60, and I will give $1.4 discount, so we will refund $15.
    How do you think of that?

Max
    =====

2/10/2012 6:45:07 AM
    You have had my money for 3+ months, and I have not received the item in time for Christmas gift as planned, and now you tell me that I get 1.4$ for my troubles?!
    I lost the 50% discount because you did not ship the item = 13.60$
    I lost another 13.60 I paid DX for item not received = 13.60 (27.20$ total)
    and I had to run out to a store and buy a different present when I saw that you were not upholding your end of our deal, and spend all this time in emails with you, and now you offer me 15$?

Again, how does this make sense?

Max, please put me in touch with a manager.
    =====

2/14/2012
    1:51:41 AM
    You just say you lost another 13.60 I paid DX for item not received = 13.60, could you tell me where this comes from?

Max
    =====

2/14/2012 9:59:47 AM
    I bought an item on sale! The sale was for 50%
    The original price of the item was 27.20$ (SKU 81646)
    I lost 13.60$ that I was saving on the sale!!

I have written this to you already 3-4 times. I want to speak with a manager, because you are not understanding me.

You have had my money for 3 months! This should have been resolved a long time ago!!
    =====

2/16/2012
    7:36:28 PM
    Although the price of original product is $27.20$, but we just charge you $13.60 for this item, so it is very reasonable to refund this number to you, you can think of it.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Max
    =====

2/16/2012 10:22:37 PM
    That would be reasonable if I had asked to cancel the order!!!
    This is VERY different.
    You canceled the deal.
    The deal was 27.20$ of products.
    I should receive this. At least that, and I think any normal company would also care that they caused me many troubles by making me wait 3 months, and compensate me for that as well, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CANCEL THE ORIGINAL DEAL.

Max, I want to speak to your boss.
    =====

2/21/2012 7:02:27 PM
    Your order has not been cancelled by us yet, so would you mind waiting a few more days? we will sent this order to you ASAP.

Thanks for your understanding.

Max
    =====

2/21/2012
    11:57:08 PM
    1. The sku is still showing as "sold-out", are you sure it is going to be arriving within a few days?
    2. What does ASAP mean? Regular EMS, so I will at best receive the item in ~45 days, which will be 4-5 months after I ordered.
    3. What compensation is DX offering me for this mess?
    =====

2/23/2012 6:46:30 PM
    ASAP is short of as soon as possible, which means your order is packing now, and we will give you 10% discount for this inconvenience, and keep it as store credit, what do you think of that?

Max
    =====

2/24/2012 3:05:16 AM
    So if I understand you correctly you are offering me $1.31 for having my money for 4-5 months before I receive my item? and for all the time I have spent on emails with you, and for having to run buy a different Christmas present because you didn't ship the item on time?

Does that sound fair?
    I dont think so!

I want to speak with a manager. I have been asking to speak with a manager for a few weeks Max. Please let me talk to your boss!
    =====

2/28/2012
    1:24:57 AM
    Dear Matthew,

I believe even though you speak with my manager, you still can not get a perfect answer, so can we arrive at a compromise solution? We give you $4 discount for this inconvenience you have encountered, ok?

Max
    =====

2/28/2012 6:56:57 AM
    Does 4$ for 4-5 months late sound fair?? Not in my world.
    If I were not to pay DX for 4-5 months for an item that I received, would DX only expect 4$ for the trouble?
    I dont think so.

I want to speak to a manager. Not personal Max, but this is not right, and not fair.
    ==========================

So since 11/25/2011, no money, no item, and Max wont transfer me to a Manager to get this issue solved. Hopeless!
    Does anyone know any email address for a boss/ manager of customer support??
    Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

cyclist closed this thread on 4/4/2012 at 4:17 PM
  • cyclist Moderator Monday, March 12, 2012 6:14 AM Reply
    I'll contact staff for you.

@Cassiejiang, is there something you can do to help this customer because this is really bad.
    Flashlight issues~https://tinyurl.com/bw2d3pd
    DX Return Policy/Warranty~https://tinyurl.com/yb7dpg3s
    New customers read this ~ http://tinyurl.com/3kcyfqm
    Tracking site ~ http://www.17track.net/en
    Posts(17129) | Reviews | Tip post

• ddjjdd Monday, March 12, 2012 6:20 AM Reply
    Thank you, and anyone else for any help/advice on how to get this resolved.
    I was an idiot and gave DX Customer Support the benefit of the doubt (since they have been great in the past), and now more than 45 days have passed, and I cant open a dispute via PayPal.

Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

• henrykazuo Monday, March 12, 2012 7:00 PM Reply
    Yes.... This is really awkward.

Please let us know how it ends when you get a solution for that.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Contact DX: http://services.dx.com

Posts(469) | Reviews | Tip post

• thepandabeat Monday, March 12, 2012 8:12 PM Reply
    I read these horror stories and now I'm scared of the 6 orders that I'm still waiting from DealExtreme... only 2 of them show as shipped, but I don't know... hmmm and 1 isn't showing on "DealExtreme" but shows up on "DX.com" don't know why.
    Posts(97) | Reviews | Tip post

• LAL Moderator Monday, March 12, 2012 8:25 PM Reply
    @thepandabeat

goto : http://my.dealextreme.com/
    My Account » Experience our new account management (beta)
    Forum Mod - *not* DX™ Staff
    ******* Forum Rules: http://dxurl.com/RX4j *******
    How to contact DX --> https://cs.dx.com

O homem comum fala, o sábio escuta, o tolo discute, o babaca insulta
    Posts(36488) | Reviews | Tip post

• thepandabeat Monday, March 12, 2012 8:34 PM Reply
    Cool, are you trying to scare me?? haha! now I see 4 out of 6 orders instead of 5, and 1 says Partial Shipment and the others on "Back Order". :-(

Dissapointed :-(

Also just noticed with the new beta account manager that I'm spending a lot of money here at DX! not good! I have debts!!! hahaha

• thepandabeat Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:56 AM Reply
    I just received a response to the ticket about mi previous orders. They're working a lot! thanks DX!

• poison2 Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:21 AM Reply
    My order had been paid 3+ months ago, I haven't received anything and most of all: my order status in my account is:received!
    I tried to complain 2 times, they sent me an apology video?????
    I'll never order from their site again, and I can only hope that I will receive my order sometime.
    PS: I'll make sure none of my friends ever order anything from them!
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Olli Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:26 AM Reply
    Please create your own thread for asking help.
    - If you want my attention, write @Olli
    - I'll always subscribe to threads I've written to, so please do not @
    then
    - For latest DX hot discounts, see: http://tinyurl.com/DX-Deals
    Posts(5281) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 7
Go to Page:
Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere