Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

My UltraFire P10-R5 Died, ** Please Help a Noob **

• Nickey293 Monday, March 12, 2012 9:08 AM Reply
    I brought this flashlight back in 2010 and it was working just fine until recently, when it refused to turn on. I can see the emitter try to light, but it just won't. I assume it's the emitter that's a goner, but I'm not 100% sure. I checked the battery on my other flashlight and that's not the issue. I'm not savvy enough to check anything else, so that's how I'm coming to that conclusion.

My question for the savvy user, is it easy to replace the emitter on this? I was able to twist the lense cap and reflector off, but can't figure out how the emitter comes off. Also, which emitter would you recommend that I replace the defective one with that is compatible?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-p10-r5-cree-xr-g-r5-5-mode-350-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-18650-42972

I normally would just get a new flashlight, but I really like this particular one. So I hope to save it and just change the defective parts.

Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• DrJones Monday, March 12, 2012 11:01 AM Reply
    Have you tried the guide in the sticky thread here in the flashlights sub-forum?
    Posts(1593) | Reviews | Tip post

• Nickey293 Monday, March 12, 2012 12:26 PM Reply
    Just saw it sticked on the top of the forums. I'm going to check it out tonight to verify. However, if someone can still recomment a replacement emitter, that would help out greatly if my testing concludes that it's the emitter.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• gcbryan Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:24 PM Reply
    You have to be able to solder to change the emitter however the emitter is a XP-G R5 if you care to try.
    I am not affiliated with DX in any way!
    Posts(635) | Reviews | Tip post

• DrJones Friday, March 23, 2012 1:23 PM Reply
    Ah, I forgot to reply...
    sku.44306 is an XP-G.

I personally modded this with an XM-L sku.57008
    and an 8*AMC7135 2.8A driver not available here (yet?).
    Posts(1593) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere