Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

• flasshin Monday, March 26, 2012 5:14 PM Reply
    whats the deal with all these new lights bein' powered by 18650's?

it ain't very convienient because they can't be found easily, if at all here locally.

the only reason i'm gripin' is 'cause there are alot of cool lights run by those batteries.

i'm still stuck on aaa's & aa's...... :(
    howdy from ohio!!
    as "flashin" i have an 8102 post count!
    and 67 reveiws!

(read & remember john 3:16-17)

Posts(229) | Reviews | Tip post

• Bonkerz Monday, March 26, 2012 6:46 PM Reply
    They are more powerful and last longer. I'd guess they'll become more common in coming years the more people start to use them.
    Personally I bought SKU 122730 the best of both worlds.
    Posts(90) | Reviews | Tip post

• Dragonsam Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:20 AM Reply
    Does sku.122730 really put out 900 lumens? Comment on the throw performance?
    Posts(115) | Reviews | Tip post

• 2ndWord Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:51 AM Reply
    as Bonkerz has said, if you want it, you will have to do it.
    simple.
    we are not all wrong...
    you want grunt yeah?
    as a torchologist i say lithium rules.
    take the plunge dude.
    ....you'll love it
    *illuminated madman*
    ...who needs wings to fly?
    Posts(602) | Reviews | Tip post

• Bonkerz Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:05 AM Reply
    @Dragonsam, if it ever gets packed and sent I'll let you know...lol. I figure if it says 900 I can prolly count on 450Lms.
    Posts(90) | Reviews | Tip post

• ChynaBoi Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:36 AM Reply
    I'm with 2ndWord on this, lithium batteries are AWESOME!! Once you start using them and see the difference they make compared to regular NiMH batteries you'll wonder why you didn't use them earlier. Just be sure you know the potential risks involved with using lithium batteries though. You don't wanna turn your brand new torch into a pipe-bomb (it has happened before).

As for the torch mentioned above (sku.122730) 450lms might be possibl, if you're lucky. Focus-zoom (aka flood-to-throw) torches dont work very well with XML LEDs and they tend to waste a lot of light inside the head. Still, the spot would be great if focused properly
    Posts(92) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:22 AM Reply
    i've used lithium batteries for years.
    energizer makes a great lithium aa.
    i've used cr123's too. love 'em!!
    it's the size of the 18650 that has me bumfuzzled..... as far as i know, that battery won't fit ANYTHING else i own.
    leavin' me nothin' to rob batteries from when the only 18650 i have goes dead.

so..... i guess the best way to deal with this is to buy a light, battery, and charger in 18650.

thanks!
    howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:26 PM Reply
    leavin' me nothin' to rob batteries from when the only 18650 i have goes dead.

When the zombie apocalypse hits, you could always rip open some poor sod's laptop battery and use the 18650's in those. Laptops aren't much use during a zombie apocalypse anyways. :)
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• Prepperandflash Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:47 PM Reply
    Don't forget electric toothbrushes :) they have 18650's as well
    404: Signature not found
    Posts(1116) | Reviews | Tip post

• flasshin Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:03 PM Reply
    i think when the zombies attack i'll be worried more about ammo than batteries!! ;)

i have a couple of old recharchable toothbrushes i saved for the motor ......i'll have to chech the battery to see if it is an 18650. thanks.
    howdy from ohio!!
    and 67 reveiws!

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere