Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Upgrading Firmware Guide

• Dealx88 Saturday, May 19, 2012 12:08 PM Reply
    @xboxlivecode

I got stuck here too. In the zip file is a new version of the ipcam.exe.
    You need to remove the old version and then instal this new one. Reboot the pc, and then it will accept the new UI firmware.
    I hope this helps!
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post(5)

• Dealx88 Sunday, May 20, 2012 2:40 PM Reply
    Wow, after about 14 hours of sweating I managed to get it working and viewable through internet.
    A very cool device!

Many thanks to CheongKing for the firmware instructions! Worked perfectly. A little idea: Maybe you could put in bold letters to update the ipcam.exe between update 2 and 3. I got stuck there and so was the previous poster I guess.

If you have more commands that are not yet in the UI then I would love to have them.

The only thing I miss sofar is the ability to set the patrol range. I only need about 60 degrees... If there is a command to limit the range then please let me know. :)

Regards,

Rob
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• xboxlivecode Monday, May 21, 2012 3:24 AM Reply
    Thanks M8

Now it works like a dream :) You saved my day.

• AsherSutton Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:44 AM Reply
    Thanx a lot to CheongKing & Dealx88!
    I've got upgrade it all, thats really simply.
    Now I have high speed rotation of the camera with the ability to fine-tune its & much larger number of settings.
    Posts(14) | Reviews | Tip post

• chocobo_ff Friday, May 25, 2012 1:36 AM Reply
    @DealX88 what version of ipcam should I update to? I have 0.0.7.6 but I can't see the camera after updating to 11.14.2.17 in ipcam... I have tried 0.0.7.7 from the foscam website, but that doesn't detect it either :(
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• Fredereich Monday, June 4, 2012 6:15 AM Reply
    Hi to all.
    I have a problem with the motion alarm: the recording starts as soon as he sees movement, but after a certain number of video, start the recording continues automatically.
    This only happens to me or is there a setting to avoid this problem?

Thx.
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• wallyHD Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:20 AM Reply
    Hi experienced users of FW8908..

Before I decide my next buy, I need to know something from you...

1. Have you tried to connect wirelessly to a WPA2? router (knowing this cammera is only WPA compliant)
    2. is there any DealXtreme SKU equivalence from Foscam FW8918? (the FW8908 is discontinued from them)

please help me before I decide my next buy....

txs a lot community!!
    Posts(14) | Reviews | Tip post

• xboxlivecode Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:48 AM Reply
    I have wpa2 encryption in my router and camera works fine with no problem. There is wpa2 option in wireless setup in camera.

• Fredereich Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:22 AM Reply
    no one can help me? :(
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• juppetup Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:35 AM Reply
    Same happened here in update step-3!!!!
    2.4.8.14.bin seems to be wrong....

Did you find a solution yet?
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 6
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere