Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Compatible Foscam Clone for firmware update

• Afontana1976 Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:04 AM Reply
    Dear All, I'm new on this stuffs, but I've seen thousand of chats on the web about this topic.

I've just bought the SKU 26358 and it is arrived packed on the white red box like in the picture on DX. The UI seems the one posted by other guys on the topic.

There's absolutely no info about manufacturer or its website.

On the base it is reported:

MAX XXX
    VNT 6656g6a40
    Mod. VN01368S

The point is. Is that compatible with Foscam firware reported on the threads of this product?
    The cam arrived with an old firmware ( I remember it to be 11.14.1.34 or something like this).

Is there any proven way to identify the compatibility with FOSCAM firmware and avoid camere bricking?

Thank you very much for your help.

Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• CheongKing Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:19 AM Reply
    I can CONFIRMED the set you got is OEM Foscam and follow my firmware upgrade thread to upgrade to the latest firmware..

Posts(36) | Reviews | Tip post

• Afontana1976 Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:38 AM Reply
    Ok, shall I follow the procedure starting with upgrade 1 indipendently by my CMOS initial version (I think it is anyway older than the Upgrade 1 one)?

Thank you.

• Afontana1976 Friday, April 20, 2012 1:16 AM Reply
    Thank you.

It worked!

Unfortunately the wi-fi connection of my cam is really poor; with old firmware I was able to connect some times with frozen images and with new one not at all.

I noticed elsewhere that could be an antenna problem (the SSID can be scanned autonomously by the cam SW), and some cable to be wired?
    is there any topic regarding this issue with our clone cam (I learnt that it comes from reecam by the Active X control)

thank to all

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere