Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in DX Points)
DX Points

Redeem DX Points for products

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:14 PM Reply
    @besourando, There's no way for a customer to guarantee that. If the system at DX was working properly then an order with an open ticket would never be shipped before the ticket was serviced. You can try a work around such as including a sold out item in the order. Though that is no guarantee either. Firstly you'd have to pay for that item initially along with the rest of the order (so pick a cheap item that is sold out), but more importantly, there is the possibility (though somewhat slim) that they might just find one more of that sold out item and ship it to you. Does not happen often, but sold out items are on rare occasions still shipped to lucky individuals.

Actually, maybe there IS another option. DX now automatically sends out an email requesting payment for all orders, even if you have just paid for the order during the checkout process. If you do NOT pay during the checkout process and wait to get the email with the Pay Now button (the one titled "DX Order held pending payment. Action required!") then I am guessing it is fairly certain that they will NOT ship out the goods until payment is confirmed. Hence, just do NOT press the "PAY NOW" button in that email until AFTER the ticket has been acknowledged.

@LAL, does that sound correct?

That only just occurred to me. Must remember it for my own future reference lol

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• LAL Moderator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:29 AM Reply
    Agree with you @FallenArchangel ;)
    I'd advise you just buy a "new-arrival" item (which usually takes 3-10 days to be fulfilled) so there is no risk to have your order shipped before you can redeem your points.
    Forum Mod - *not* DX™ Staff
    ******* Forum Rules: http://dxurl.com/RX4j *******
    How to contact DX --> https://cs.dx.com

O homem comum fala, o sábio escuta, o tolo discute, o babaca insulta
    Posts(36488) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:31 PM Reply
    What on Earth was I replying to?

Can you actually do anything to/with an order before you pay for it? The add item thing clearly isn't working very well, but Tiffany (or someone) did say items were still added manually. It's a pity they cannot put the order on hold automatically.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:20 PM Reply
    What on Earth was I replying to?

I was kind of wondering that too, but I get distracted too easily (hey look, something bright and shiny) and I forgot all about mentioning it. Was looking at the latest financial report for Coca Cola Amatil (CCL on the ASX) and trying to get my head around the numbers in the graph for the reported Return On Invested Capital (3rd graph from the top)
    http://i.imgur.com/nCOCc.jpg
    How all the graphs seemed to be almost exactly the same shape when the number sequences didn't seem to follow the same patterns and seemed to indicate a different shape entirely.
    The small "1" disclaimer is mentioned in a footer on another page of tables as indicating "Before significant items". Which still does not explain the odd graph to me.

Finally moving on, assuming that must be part of the world of high finance and advanced accounting, I turned to the back page of the shareholder update and for the first time noticed that "Goulburn Valley" was a Registered Trademark. Probably not a new thing, just that I only now noticed it. Not even a trademark of Coca Cola Amatil though (which is an Australian company), but of the Coca Cola Company (which is not an Australian company). I just thought that strange either way, considering Goulburn Valley is a real geographical place, where people live. When one googles "Goulburn Valley" there are Hospitals, Schools and Government Departments all of which use the term "Goulburn Valley". Somewhere in there, there are bound to be producers of a vast variety of different goods and services aside from the canned fruit and vegetables business that CCL now has. Yet the term is apparently taken and reserved. Very strange.
    http://i.imgur.com/brpEB.jpg
    (in the fine print at the very bottom)

Not sure whether the term "Goulburn Valley" was already a registered trademark back when it was part of SPC Ardmona or whether it only became one after Coca Cola Amatil gobbled up SPC Ardmona.

After that, your post no longer looked all that strange in comparison, perhaps lol

Can you actually do anything to/with an order before you pay for it?

Up until recently when I finally placed my first orders on the "new and improved" site, I was unaware that orders could even be created without paying for them. I've always paid for all my orders during the checkout process. Only noticed it because they sent out the email to me requesting payment even though I had already just paid in full mere seconds earlier. Must pay more attention next time I place an order and see where the option is to finalise the order without actually paying for it. Just for the sake of curiosity and also in case I want to also at some later stage have a ticket looked at BEFORE my order is shipped.

A real shame that the "new and improved" site is just as useless in regards to that simple customer service issue (that an open customer service ticket request should be processed BEFORE the attached order is shipped) as the poor old site was. Not sure whether the old site also had the option to place an order without paying for it. The thought had never before occurred to me.

I'm still trying to construct a list of features which the "new and improved" site does better than the old site or which the old site did not do at all. So far the list is regrettably empty, but I no doubt am overlooking some obvious examples.
    DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• besourando Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:39 AM Reply
    Thank you @FallenArchangel,

I fix my problem and did not have to play or dance with anyone :)

I don't know if I luck! But I just accessed cs.dx.com/Account/Redeem, informed the SKU I wanted redeem with my DX points, and put the last order I had done (an order full shipped to me last mounth).
    In the next day, the order status changed to 'PartialShippment'. And in the next day the item was shipped to me.

In only two days and a single message on CSE the problem was solved. Maybe DX is working differently now.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix4 Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:27 AM Reply

I try to do three days and I can not finalize the purchase by DX paypal. What's the problem? When will it be resolved?
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• ROOKiEcb Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:22 AM Reply
    Warning !!! The redeeming points system does not work like past 2 years !!! Staff is waiting till the order is shipped and then reply with "SORRY". Made several testing before I had written this here. I am done with making reviews, photos and videos !!!
    I am very disappointed of this and I do not beleive that all of this was an accident ! So many times ....
    Posts(58) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ROOKiEcb on 10/10/2012 at 8:23 AM
  • XiJaro Thursday, November 8, 2012 1:51 PM Reply
    i want to replace my DX points to 3x SKU: 29355
    Thx for help
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by XiJaro on 11/8/2012 at 1:52 PM
  • cnxsoft Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:39 AM Reply
    OK. So after reading this thread, I think I will avoid redeeming my referral points to buy something. It seems too complicated and possibly frustrating. I'll try cash back soon. Hopefully, it's simpler.. or am I too naive?
    Posts(103) | Reviews | Tip post

• ROOKiEcb Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:45 AM Reply
    cnxsoft: Yes, I am soo sorry, you are naive .... after 3 weeks I persuaded them to send me desired items for my DX points ... for me, it is for last time. I will never post any new review, photo or video because of the new "complicated" system :-D as you wrote ... I like it !
    Posts(58) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 3 of 6
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in DX Points)
DX Points

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere