Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in DX Points)
DX Points

Redeem DX Points for products

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, November 18, 2012 4:08 PM Reply
    I now just redeem mine. It's less hassle and I can spend them elsewhere as well. The down side is it takes about 3 weeks.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• elvis4422 Friday, November 23, 2012 6:30 AM Reply
    I'll try
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post(49)

• ROOKiEcb Friday, November 23, 2012 7:24 AM Reply
    elvis4422: Good Luck ! Play your "Need for Patience" .... :-D
    Posts(58) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ROOKiEcb on 3/23/2013 at 6:22 PM
  • posner Friday, January 18, 2013 8:47 AM Reply
    I just ask to add one item with DX Points in one of my orders that has back ordered items, let see how it will works... :)
    ¯\_(?)_/¯
    Posts(781) | Reviews | Tip post

• mikeham Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:52 AM Reply
    I have some DX points which I'd like to apply towards a new purchase. Not as full payment, just partially.

I read:

1. Select the item(s) you want to redeem
    2. Offer an unshipped order number to customer service.

DX support promptly replied to my query (thanks!), saying:

"We are afraid that you need to offer us an order number.Then we can deduct the points for you. So do you have a pending order?"

But how do I get an order number? The item is in my cart. I've gone as far as I can - the next step submits payment from my credit card.
    - Mike in Melbourne (.au)
    Posts(143) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:59 PM Reply
    Perhaps you could just ask them to convert the points into a Store Credit. Then you can use them at the checkout. ;)
    Remembering 30 years.

• zpyler Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:09 AM Reply
    okay :o)
    1, just placed a brand new order
    2, checkout done with paypal...
    3, contacted customer service with my order nr. and asked them to refund the payment and replace with my dx points.
    4, the payment is refunded and now awaiting the shipment :o)

cheers
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• mikeham Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:34 AM Reply
    As far as I can work out, zpyler has it right.
    Checkout normally (pay the full amount), then DX refunds your credit card or Paypal. There's no other way to get an order number.
    This seems silly, and presumably (?) costs DX transaction fees.

Redeeming DX points has never been entirely straightforward, but it was a lot easier the last time I did it.

• mikeham Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:09 AM Reply
    Ignore my previous posting. It didn't work. I must however thank DX Customer Service for their responses, which although unhelpful were very prompt.

The thing is, to redeem DX points, I need an order number, which I can't get without paying in full with my credit card. So I did that.

But then my points cannot be applied, because ... the order was paid.

Just to repeat: you can't get an order number without going through the checkout and paying in full. When you pay, you get an order number. But because you've paid, your DX points cannot be applied.

I can't be bothered with this nonsense. I give up. DX gets to keep my points, but loses a customer.

Here's the last message from DX:

Dear Customer,

We are regretted to inform you that we can not apply you points to your order XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Because you have already make full payment.

Should you want to apply them, would you please offer a pending number? If not, we can exchange the points for your next shopping before you make full payment. We'd like to remind you that 10 point can redeem $1 dollar.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Yours Sincerely,
    Customer Service

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:15 AM Reply
    Maybe it's the wrong ticket type, so the staff member is expecting to add items to an order instead of paying for it.

@cassieJiang would you mind looking into mikeham's problem?
    Remembering 30 years.

Page 4 of 6
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in DX Points)
DX Points

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere