Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in DX Points)
DX Points

Redeem DX Points for products

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:28 PM Reply
    I haven't done it in ages, but the way I remember redeeming DX points involved paying for the order in full (if I didn't already still have an unshipped order to which I could request the items be added to that order in exchange for the relevant DX points), BUT only placing some of the items I wanted to purchase in the order and hence only paying in full for those items. Then using the CSE ticket hokey pokey dance to ask them to add in to the order the other items I wanted to purchase in exchange for reducing the number of DX points I have - instead of me paying again. So only a small outlay rather than the full price of everything.

If it was only one single item I wanted and one had no existing unshipped order, then rather than paying for that in full, one would pick some $1 item from the DX list http://dx.com/gift-ideas/Under5 or something cheap that one might possibly find useful in some way perhaps, just to create the order and pay for just that item in full, before using the CSE ticket hokey pokey dance to ask for the other item to be added in exchange for DX points. Again only paying for a small amount, rather than the whole lot.

This of course runs the risk of the order shipping out before the ticket is serviced - something even the "new and improved" system is as yet unable to guarantee, though there doesn't seem to be a problem with them then using that shipped order to still send the items requested in the ticket - even if some of the CSE reps seem to think that it cannot be done - since it has been done before and should be done in those circumstances as the problem originated with DX not servicing the ticket before the order was shipped. An order with an open ticket should not be sent until the ticket is dealt with otherwise the whole ticket hokey pokey dance is just a thumb twiddling waist of time if not an outright fiasco.

As far as I know one cannot get a refund for DX points, only for referral points. I believe I have heard of instances where it has been done, but I think it's one of those cases where even fewer CSE reps know about that process than the process of shipping items in an already shipped order if an order with an open ticket is shipped before the ticket is serviced, if that makes sense, so it's probably just easier to go with the first route and keep it simple(r) for CSE.

Or wait till they finally implement the ability for us to use the DX points directly during checkout as we now can with the DX store credit. Though none of us may live that long to ever see that feature implemented, let alone still capable of using it.

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:35 PM Reply
    That sounds right, so a refund of an already paid order can only be made with Referral Points, not ordinary DX Points.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• mikeham Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:07 PM Reply
    Many thanks to FallenArchangel for his posting.

The second paragraph ("if it was only one single item I wanted and one had no existing unshipped order [...]") explains everything.

Like FallenArchangel, it's a long time since I've successfully redeemed DX points. Hopefully his posting may save others from getting their blood pressure up.

So: order and pay for something/anything, then contact CSE and ask them to add another item and apply the DX points to it.

Not exactly obvious, it it? Absurdly convoluted, inefficient and a waste of time for both DX and the customer. In fairness to DX, I must however again say that the responses to my “CSE ticket hokey pokey dance” were very prompt.

I'm reminded of the scene from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams:

“But the plans were on display ...”
    “On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the display department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
    - Mike in Melbourne (.au)
    Posts(143) | Reviews | Tip post

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:33 PM Reply
    lol

If I were doing it myself these days though, I think I'd be tempted to instead try what sheepish previously suggested.

Perhaps you could just ask them to convert the points into a Store Credit. Then you can use them at the checkout.

If for no other reason than that the ticket request for the points to store credit conversion request might well be simpler to explain (especially if lots of items are involved), but also require less typing and effort than listing various sku numbers and making sure I got them correct.

Though another reason is that the order could then not be shipped before the ticket is serviced, since there would not be an order for them to ship yet. It's just an account related ticket asking for conversion of DX points to DX store credit. Totally removes any needless aggravation or extra CSE hokey pokey ticket dances later on for when an order is shipped before a ticket is serviced as it can not happen in this scenario.

Once the points are converted to DX store credit then everything else can be dealt with by the customer since store credit can now be applied directly during the checkout process without any further CSE hokey pokey dance.

The process of converting DX points to DX store credit is of course another task which is begging to be automated in a way that the customer can please him/herself as and when s/he chooses (it's a straight conversion and doesn't require any fancy maths - there are either enough points for the requested store credit or there are not and then just update the two tallies accordingly - just like tipping forum posts - DX IT should already have implemented it) - rather than needing to take part in the CSE hokey pokey dance which also needlessly places a burden on DX and its CSE when it could be dealing with other issues which can not be easily automated.

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• mikeham Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:46 PM Reply
    Well, I followed the rules, merely tried to apply DX points in partial payment for an order. Didn't ask for conversion to store credits, or a refund, or anything else.
    I've now made a new order, paid for it and requested CSE to add another item and apply my DX points to it.

So :

You put your left foot in,
    You put your left foot out,
    You put your left foot in,
    And you shake it all about -

You do the hokey pokey
    And you turn yourself around
    And that's what it's all about ...

• mikeham Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:02 AM Reply
    FallenArchangel's advice worked like a charm. Customer Service replied very promptly, without any Hokey Pokey dance. Both store credit and DX points were applied.

Order status went to "shipped" 4 days after entering it, even though the web pages for the items showed "typically ships in 7 - 10 business days."

I'm completely happy; indeed, I made another (normal) purchase today to celebrate.

Many thanks to FallenArchangel and "Windy" at Customer Service for their help.

• lugey Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:48 AM Reply
    So we have to do it all manually? It should be done automatically to avoid confusion.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• DarkChewie Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:08 PM Reply
    is still possible use DX points for Discont price of a product?

for exemple, expend 200 dx points at http://dx.com/p/h580-usb-graphics-drawing-tablet-with-stylus-pen-silver-grey-111410 to pay only 34 usd?

that is correct ticket?
    ------------------------------
    My post Helped you?
    do a tip post and help-me

We want a warehouse in Brazil (join the cause, put this in your signatur
    e)
    ------------------------------

Posts(774) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:14 PM Reply
    sku.111410
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• a1844 Monday, July 1, 2013 9:19 AM Reply
    Hi,
    I place an order like 10 hours ago. I've now 7,8 DX Points.
    - They are 'Pending'. When could I use them? One of the guys of the LiveChat told me they will be able just in 21 days. But if the points stop working after 60 days: that means i've just almost the half of the time before they desappear?
    - What can I get with so little points?
    I'm quite troubled, hope you can help me!
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 5 of 6
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in DX Points)
DX Points

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere