Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

How to wire?

• AfgHero Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:41 PM Reply
    I was wondering on how to wire the driver to the led?
    Posts(24) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:53 PM Reply
    The anode (positive terminal) of the LED connects to the central pad with the 4 holes/vias, just above the small black diode. BTW, those vias lead down to the copper circle in the bottom of the driver, to connect directly to the positive battery terminal. This is how LEDs are connected in AMC7135 drivers - the LED positive is directly connected to the battery positive.

The cathode (negative terminal) of the LED connects to the small round pad marked with a "-" near the left edge of the driver, just below the "Q1".
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:41 PM Reply
    Unfortunately the central pad with the 4 holes is covered with white paint so it cannot be soldered to directly. The positive end of the little diode right next to it (component labelled with S4) is a good alternative.

desolder, can the memory function be disabled without reprogramming anything? Do the two resistors and capacitor next to the ATtiny13 help it recognise low voltage or do they keep it powered so it will recognise the mode change? sku.127686 appears to be the same thing without memory, but it only has one resistor and a capacitor.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 19, 2012 2:41 PM Reply
    I've never actually explored how the microcontroller's software works to switch modes, so I can't answer that that question. Perhaps you can ping DrJones over at BLF. He's more familiar with the actual code, and has written his own customer software, so he might be able answer that for you.
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 19, 2012 2:48 PM Reply
    @DrJones are you still around here? How is the memory implemented in these things?
    Remembering 30 years.

• DrJones Friday, November 30, 2012 10:48 AM Reply
    The two resistors are for monitoring battery voltage, and the capacitor is just a little decoupling cap; neither has to do with memory.
    Memory is coded in the firmware of the ATtiny, changing that requires flashing a new firmware.

(Just to show off a bit: My latest firmware "lupodrv" lets the user change modes, number of modes and memory type :) )
    Posts(1593) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by DrJones on 12/5/2012 at 5:20 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, November 30, 2012 6:54 PM Reply
    Thanks for saving me a whole lot of fiddling time. Your firmware sounds completely awesome.
    Remembering 30 years.

• Apityor Saturday, September 24, 2016 9:48 PM Reply

Dear All!

I ordered this LED driver, and one 240 lm LED module.
    I wired the driver to the LED and to the battery, according to your
    description. It does not work at all. I'm not an expert of the topic, so
    I am not sure not to forget something. Perhaps I need to connect some
    of the input legs of the ATTINY13A to the ground? Perhaps the driver is
    faulty? If Somebody can help, please do it!

Thanks

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:33 AM Reply

Dear All!

I ordered this LED driver, and one 240 lm LED module.
    I wired the driver to the LED and to the battery, according to your
    description.

Which description did you use? One from all of us?

What LED module is it? What battery are you using?

Remembering 30 years.

• Apityor Monday, September 26, 2016 2:49 AM Reply

I've got the1050mA Regulated Current 5-Mode Memory LED Driver (3~4.5V), and the

3W 240lm Warm White LED Module On 20mm Star (2.8~3.6V). As battery I actually use a DC power supply at 4-4.2 V. I connected the outer ring of the driver to the ground, the central pad to the positive of the power supply and to the positive of the LED. The negative terminal of the LED to the small pad on the front side, marked with -.

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere