Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Topics)
General Topics

Strange Mail from ¿DX?

• dethpulp Monday, August 13, 2012 8:22 PM Reply
    I received this mail today from an unknow adress (not the usal dx adress)
    I need to check if this is true, beforehead

@tiffany @astroitboy is safe to share that data to that email adress?

Pd: the 李斌 vendor is showing in paypal and 2 payments are on "Unclaimed" status in paypal
    Edit: I've seen another anomalies on the paypal info, will foward ASAP when you confirm

Quote:
    Subject: pay attention to your money sent to,it is not the [email protected] account,please check it on paypal

Dear customer,

Please use the transaction ID to check them in paypal,paypal just said:Please double-check the transaction ID and try again

I see your transaction ID on our system ,but is pending,so would you please contact paypal to figure out why paypal held your pay.
    Or you can send us the email paypal once sent to you.WE do not know who is 李斌.So it is a serious problem.Please check your paypal money sent.We will work hard to find a solution for you.

At the same time ,WE will find the IT personnel to figure out what happened,really sorry for the trouble caused to you.

--
    Best Regards,

Phebe

CS from DX DEALS
    Posts(758) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by dethpulp on 8/13/2012 at 8:35 PM
  • matilde345 Monday, August 13, 2012 11:11 PM Reply
    I think it's fake, but you should contact an attendant dealextreme first of all..
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• dethpulp Monday, August 13, 2012 11:19 PM Reply
    Thanks tiffany, That paypal info is still needed?

@matilde345 tiffany is part of the dx staff, now it's confirmed, not a fake.
    Posts(758) | Reviews | Tip post

• pvandenh Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:53 AM Reply
    I got the same email message. Looked like the email address was incorrect in the payment link (went to [email protected], instead of "dxoffers". I cancelled my unclaimed payment and re-processed directly to dxoffers via paypal. I now have a valid order number according to a subsequent email from Phebe from DX, but when I look for that order number in tracking it cannot be found.
    Not sure if my order is actually processed yet or not. Hard to understand Phebe in her emails (as per above). Hopefully my item is shipped.
    Posts(12) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:44 AM Reply
    That email is rather poorly written. Sure it's better English than my Chinese is, but it really does sound like a phishing scam.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• MrDaveS Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:49 AM Reply
    Strange it is,
    btw, sheepish where are you located?
    Posts(202) | Reviews | Tip post

• Crisisfighter Monday, August 27, 2012 3:28 PM Reply
    The only paypal account of Dealextreme is [email protected]
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in General Topics)
General Topics

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere