Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

howdy!!! what's new with my old buddies?

• flashin Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:17 AM Reply
    sorry i ain't been around for quite a while.... been busy!
    busy with a new job.
    i'm training to be a firearms instructor to teach people so they can get their concealed handgun license in the state of ohio!!

what's everyone else been up to?
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:49 AM Reply
    Careful with the "old" bit. Some of the old farts are a bit sensitive about that lol

Is there a difference between a concealed handgun license and a regular handgun license?
    That would be for security people then?
    007 types?

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:27 AM Reply
    Ha ha ha. Only in America. God bless ya flashin.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:54 PM Reply
    some cities make you register your gun. but you still can't carry it without a permit that requires training'.
    there is no registration in ohio. in fact you can carry openly, but that tends to cause panic amongst the population.
    in order to carry legally and concealed you have to a pretty clean criminal record, and take a minimum of 12 hours of training. law enforcement officers can carry off duty without a license because of their extensive training. a security guard takes a class to become a guard, but can't carry a gun unless their training covers it and they qualify. they're still considered, for the most part, a normal civilian and have to go through the same training the rest of us do. 007..... that's a whole other thing all together. mostly fiction you know that right? ;)
    that's where i come in! :)
    we, me and the guy i'll be workin' for, teach a course laid out by the state and combined with a course developed by the NRA. it's about 90% safety. the rest is some shooting time at the range and the rest is law education.
    attitude is exerything. if they have a terrible attitude it's at my own discretion to pass them. if i think they are unstable, they shouldn't be carrying a gun and in my opinion, also the states opinion, they shouldn't own one either. after they pass they have to fill out an application in the county they live in. that application has to go through a federal firearms background check.... by the fbi. if there are any felonies, or drug and domestic violence charges in their history, they will be denied. if they lied on their application they will go to jail. it's a felony. felons aren't allowed to buy or own any firearms.
    so we're not just passin' out gun's and licenses. it's exclusively law abiding citizens with clean backgrounds that carry a concealed handgun. it's had no impact on violent crimes rising, but just the opposite.
    all the shootings you read about in the states are from illegally possessed guns.
    we also teach some tactical methods, safe gun storage, and how/what to do in critical situations.

it's a dream job!
    and my job to put as many safe people owning firearms as i possibly can. they can not claim ignorance to the law after my course.

i'm not a lawyer, so everything i've told you'all about laws, i've had told to me. that's my disclaimer.... even though nothin' i've said applies to any of you!!

i can use the term old 'cause i are! ;p
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by flashin on 10/31/2012 at 3:14 AM
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:01 PM Reply
    From now on when anybody has a firearms question we'll just @ flashin :p (yes,the space inbetween was intentional)
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:07 PM Reply
    "In between" should have a space in between...

Well, I thought it was funny. :D
    Remembering 30 years.

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:23 PM Reply
    I had to get that space somewhere,I can't miraculously conjure up_________spaces

Oh,seems like I can after all.

edit typo

Edit again,urgh,seems like multiple spaces are automaticly merged :o So I had to replace with underscores
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Voriki on 10/30/2012 at 3:25 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:25 PM Reply
    You crack m e up.
    Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:36 PM Reply
    Hi flashin. I'm kinda new here but I'd like to say "good work".

More good guys with guns =less bad guys with guns.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12568) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:21 PM Reply
    Welcome back flashin!
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere