Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

howdy!!! what's new with my old buddies?

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:58 AM Reply
    Thanks very much for all that flashin. It's very interesting.

Could you comment on car yards giving away guns with new cars? Are they giving gun vouchers away? What's done in the way of background checks on people who want to buy a rifle?
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:05 AM Reply
    I'm pretty sure you could not PM yourself on the old site.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:43 PM Reply
    we got about an inch and a half of snow and some pretty wicked wind from sandy. no power loss.
    it's the first time i can remember gettin' snow from a tropical hurricane!

i don't know about any car dealers, locally, givin' away any guns with the purchase of a car. if they did, the gun would have to come from a federal firearm licensed gunshop. the recipient of the gun "give away" would still have to fill out the federal background check. no pass, no "free" gun with your new car. i imagine it would be offered with a truck purchase since that's the primary vehicle used for hunting.

when buying a rifle, it's no different than buying any other gun. you have to fill out the background check.
    the only difference in handgun and long gun purchasing is the age. you have to be at least 18 to buy/own rifles/shotguns, and 21 to buy/own handguns.

there are no licenses that i know of about carrying a rifle other than it can be carried openly in plain sight in the back window of a truck, unloaded, with the action open. they make gun racks the fit in the back windows.... it's the stereotypical image of the american redneck to drive around in a truck with big tires and a gun rack.

disclaimer: i am not a lawyer or law enforcement officer, the information passed along is not intended as professional advice.
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by flashin on 10/31/2012 at 12:55 PM
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:45 PM Reply
    They're probably car dealers from Texas,where you can also get a free gun by openin g a checking account
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:58 PM Reply
    I remember about 20 years ago, a bank in a western state was giving people Weatherby rifles if they opened a new account. I don't remember which state, but I think that the more you deposited, the more expensive the rifle was.

It created a minor stir on TV, and was forgotten very fast.

A shame they don't do that here in illinois. :)
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:09 PM Reply
    i have heard of that stuff, but i don't think it's happened for a long time. even in texas!
    some things are more readily accepted in some areas than they are in others.
    i guess there could be places still doin' that.
    i can buy guns, real ones, at walmart because it's out in the country. the one on the other side of town.... you can't.
    Howdy from Ohio!

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:22 PM Reply
    Very crazy and complex gun laws in this country.

Just wondering if you are "required" to inform people of problems with inter- state travel with guns?
    Whats legal on this side of the road may be a felony on the other side.

PS. illinois is one of the backwards states. No carry, concealed or not. Really sux.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:50 PM Reply
    there is a website that keeps up with that stuff. United States Concealed Carry Association.
    ohio chl is good in 31 states.
    it's not required to tell them where it's good but we do. it's always a good idea to make sure the state your goin' to recognizes your state. i go to wv once in a while. no problem. my friend goes to florida a lot. fla and ohio are good with each other but georgia does not recognize ohio.... you gotta go through ga to get to fl from oh!
    you can actually get permits from other states. that helps pick up the ones your state doesn't carry.
    sounds complicated but not really if you keep on top of it.
    Howdy from Ohio!

post edited by flashin on 10/31/2012 at 2:53 PM
  • boelie Friday, November 2, 2012 4:01 AM Reply
    oh man am i glad to see you are still alive!
    Need help with CSE? Read! http://tinyurl.com/HowtoContactDX
    yea i sometimes wright in engrish :D
    no flame!
    and Holland rocks!
    that will be all

Posts(942) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Friday, November 2, 2012 4:46 AM Reply
    too stubborn to be otherwise boelie!!
    not only am i alive, but thriving!

God has been VERY good to me! ;)
    Howdy from Ohio!

Page 3 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere