DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Thread Closed TLS3008 IC

• baharini Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:56 AM Reply
    DonJuanito, Thanks for your hard work on the library. I have went ahead and ordered the string, as I now do not mind which kind of lights I get.
    I would like to make a few improvements to your library, by making it a bit 'higher level'.
    By that I mean, having simple functions like tls.setPixelColor(45, RGB(255, 0, 0); // make pixel 45 red. (a bit like the Adafruit library here: Adafruit LPD6803 Library example sketch

Am I allowed to modify this library and send you it? (you don't need to give me credit, it's just to help people out).
    If so, please email me so I know how to contact you. My email is[REMOVED]
    Thanks in advance,
    Joseph.
    Greetings from South Africa!
    Posts(65) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited by LAL on 11/25/2012 at 6:27 PM
  • DonJuanito Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:10 AM Reply
    Baharini, you are welcome to modify the library as you need.
    I would like to see your version so I can update the library at the Arduino Playground for other people.
    I'm not satisfied with the way I had to write the code. Bitbanging is not CPU efficient, so I began working on a SPI version, but as I teach electronics on the evenings, and work in this same field during day, I don't have the time required to finish this version in the next weeks.
    My email is ********
    - Juan -

[THREAD CLOSED]
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited by LAL on 11/25/2012 at 6:26 PM
Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections