DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

What chipset does this card have? (Linux related)

• Hukkinen Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:57 AM Reply
    Hey,
    The card looks suitable for my needs but I'd need to know what chipset does it have?
    I need to run it under Linux.
    Hint: If you are able to put the card into a laptop running Linux, try to give the commands lspci -vvv for verbose listing or lspci -n , on the command line, as instructed here. http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/
    You can copy paste the lspci -vvv output here too.
    Hint 2: You can use a so called Linux Live DVD or CD to boot your laptop to Linux without installing it on your computer.
    Thanks,
    Janne
  • How2B @DX Staff Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:56 PM Reply
    Hi @Hukkinen,
    thanks for your inquiry, we are contacting our supplier to check it for you, I will reply as soon as I get the answer, your kindly patience will be high appreciated:)
    thanks for you supporting.
    DX.com, great gadgets, price & service.

• How2B @DX Staff Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:33 AM Reply
    Hi @Hukkinen,
    we have confirmed with our supplier that the chipset is IC:VT6315N, and the product does not support in Linux system.
    Hope my answer is helpful to you:)
    thanks for you supporting.
    DX.com, great gadgets, price & service.

• Hukkinen Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:00 AM Reply
    Thanks CelticWarrior for the info. Good thing I asked.
    I see no reason to place an order, work it from there, and see what happens.
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections