Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Modes

• djozz Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:35 PM Reply
    Let's continue this ancient discussion :-) Guess what? I ordered a couple of these ak47c1 drivers recently and now the mode order, at least in group 3 is low-med-high, no memory. Moreover, it is single-click to get to the next mode, quite perfect. The low also seems lower than 7% but I have not checked that.

But there's strange behaviour at low voltage: it runs a xpe2 flashlight at 2.1A (three chips stacked), and with 3.4V (rest-) battery voltage (IMR battery), the high setting starts flickering and eventually dies to off, then the medium and low still work but both have the same brightness as low (so the PWM setting of medium seems changed to the low setting). Not sure that all this is on purpose, and 3.4V is a bit high to start LVP. This C1 version also does not have the usual voltage divider, I count only 1 resistor.
    Posts(48) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:52 PM Reply
    I have to laugh. It's almost three years after I ordered them because the modes were claimed to be in ascending order.

I think I eventually settled on using a driver set to a two mode group because it doesn't matter which order they are in if you only have two modes. Sigh.

Thanks for the update djozz.
    DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24905) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:17 PM Reply
    On page 1 of this thread a former (much missed!) DX staff member said in November 2012 the description had never been changed. Did he mean just the mode order hadn't been changed? The description certainly had been changed by that time, because several months earlier in April 2012 I had already mentioned a change in another thread: http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1172925#1172963. The original 3-4V is preserved in the product URL, because that really doesn't change. By April 2012 the details had already been changed at least once to 3-4.5V.
    DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24905) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 3 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere