DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Suitable for Two 2 Watt led lights in parallel?

• PremierNickname Monday, November 19, 2012 7:49 PM Reply
    I bought two Aurora 12V G4 Unidirectional Capsule LED Bulbs from amazon a long time ago, I think they are two watts each since they describe them as "20W equivalent". Could I use this driver to drive one or two in parallel (one light switch for each). It is not clear to me how what output current goes to these types of led lamps or how you calculate such things. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
  • 2ndWord Monday, November 19, 2012 8:44 PM Reply
    post a decent spec (albiet from another store), and someone might help you.
    Otherwise you are endangering yourself.
    Why don't you ask your amazon supplier?
    *illuminated madman*
    ...who needs wings to fly?
  • PremierNickname Monday, November 19, 2012 8:56 PM Reply
    This is all I can find: http://www.aurora.eu.com/ProductPages/LampProductDetails.aspx?g=7126&c=137&b=103&oc=137

What are the specs I need to know?

I did ask the amazon supplier but I think he was more keen on selling the power supjavascript:void(null)ply he stocked.
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:27 AM Reply
    "post a decent spec" does not mean post a link to a competing store in breach of the forum Terms of use you agreed to when you posted.
    Back in business.
  • cindysun @DX Staff Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:17 AM Reply
    Hello @PremierNickname,

We are now contacting our supplier for you, we will keep you updated.

Thanks for your time and patience.
    DX Staff
  • PremierNickname Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:52 AM Reply
    "competing store"?

It's the product page from the manufacturer. Try calling them and ask to buy two g4 led lamps and then tell me if you still think they are a "competing store".
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:56 AM Reply
    ... still waiting ...
    Back in business.
  • PremierNickname Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:48 AM Reply
    It's a G4 10-30V AC/DC LED Light Module. That's as specific as I can find. I'm assuming you wanted more.

Assuming it is designed as a two watt led bulb and they suggest driving it with 12 volts. Would I be overdriving the led using this driver? Should I really want a constant current driver which outputs 166 milliamperes? But the specs says it can handle up to 30 volts. Since it can handle ac I'm also assuming the leds has some regulatory capabilities of its own.

I originally used a 12v 15 Watts dc supply but i feared it wasn't really designed for 2 watt use (which is the minimum).
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:00 PM Reply
    Because it can run from AC and DC and has a wide input voltage range it must have some sort of driver built in. That means you should drive it from a constant voltage power supply (for example a 12V DC 15W power supply).

Do not drive it from a constant current driver like this item. This driver is for powering LEDs, not light bulbs.

Contacting the supplier of this item to ask about how best to power someone else's light bulbs doesn't seem quite the right approach.
    Back in business.
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:01 PM Reply
    Why haven't you just posted a photo of the bulbs?
    Back in business.
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections