Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Site Bug Reports)
Site Bug Reports

Report Error validation code

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:54 PM Reply
    In the last few days I've been having problems entering validation codes. Often (perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 the time) the first one I enter is not accepted, even if I'm paying close attention to what I'm doing and enlarge the picture of the code. The second code I enter usually works fine.

But wait, there's more. Sometimes if I click submit again the code is accepted the second time, when a different code is showing. Sometimes I keep clicking and the code is accepted several clicks later. That's not how validation codes are supposed to work.

Edit - inserted usually.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by sheepish on 11/29/2012 at 12:36 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2012 4:49 PM Reply
    A couple of examples from this morning...

Carefully enter correct code, get told it's wrong. Click submit with the same code again, get told it's wrong. Carefully enter new code, get told it's wrong. Click submit with the same code again, it is accepted, even though the displayed code had changed.

Shortly after I did the same again but for each code I entered I clicked submit 3 times. No good for the first code I entered, but with the second code, the third time I submitted it, it was accepted.

It's been over half a week and this bug hasn't even been acknowledged by DX.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:29 PM Reply
    I just submitted a Price Match. It took 5 attempts with different codes before one was accepted.
    Remembering 30 years.

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2012 8:13 PM Reply
    I have not noticed the ability to get it to accept by just submitting repeatedly regardless that the code has changed (will play with that the next time I have a reason to enter the code), but I have noticed that there are quite often codes shown which are ambiguous. Is that a zero or a capital "o"? Is that a number 1 or a lower case "L"? Some combinations should never even be presented if there is any reasonable doubt. Annoys the crap out of me when it tells me I got it wrong. That's what it looked like. The China Post tracking site (when I use it) is very similarly irritating with their validation codes.

Why are validation codes even needed if I have to be logged in to submit error reports for example?

If I spam it, my account could just be closed and all reports from that account simply mass deleted without even being read. Makes no sense to me.

Edit: just realised one does NOT have to be logged in to report an error. There's the problem. Make them log in. Why inconvenience everyone for the sake of a few lazy casual customers who probably won't be around for long if they don't have an account to track their orders?

Edit 2: or at least only force the validation code check on those that are NOT logged in with a DX account.

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by FallenArchangel on 12/1/2012 at 8:21 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2012 8:31 PM Reply
    It does not use upper case letters and I think the l and 1 are now easier to tell apart than they used to be.

Annoys the crap out of me when it tells me I got it wrong.

That must be smelly... ;)
    Remembering 30 years.

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2012 8:40 PM Reply
    That must be smelly... ;)

Nah, I brushed, but it tends to be noisy when I start yelling BS at the screen lol

I think the validation code check is redundant for those that are logged in with a DX account. Should only be necessary for allowing casual passersby to use the error reporting function.

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 1, 2012 8:46 PM Reply
    Or maybe just use it for their first 10 reports.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:08 PM Reply
    It's still doing it. I knew the code I just entered was right. I only had to click Submit 5 or 6 times before it believed me.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:28 AM Reply
    @astroitboy it's still doing it. I just had a code accepted on the second click.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:51 PM Reply
    @tiffany I'm getting tired of this. It's about time DX fixed their broken site.
    Remembering 30 years.

Page 1 of 50
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Site Bug Reports)
Site Bug Reports

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere