DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

DX.com now accepting WebMoney payment

• DealExtremePR @DX Staff Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:48 AM Reply
    Dear Valued Members,

Thank you for your continued support on dx.com

Great news! DX customers can pay for purchases using electronic payments via WebMoney.

Webmoney is a well known secure electronic money and online payment system which provides service worldwide and is a capable alternative in countries where payment using PayPal is not available.

How to use the new service

1. Log in to your Webmoney account. If you still don't have it, create one by following the steps here.

2. Add funds to your WMZ purse.

3. Select products at DX and add to shopping cart.

4. Choose WebMoney at checkout for your order.

When paying for orders from DX, the required unit of measure is the US dollar. When making payment, electronic purse money is automatically converted at the rate set by the WebMoney system.

You can get direct WebMoney refund from DX within 7 days after submitting your request. But according to WebMoney policy, if you cancel your order, WebMoney will not refund the handle fee charged by your purchase.

To learn more about how to use the new service, click here.

http://i47.tinypic.com/mws6cp.jpg
    img src: http://i47.tinypic.com/mws6cp.jpg

DX Support Service is always ready to answer your questions about the new payment system.

DX Team
    Posts(205) | Reviews | Tip post

LAL edited thread settings on 4/3/2013 at 9:02 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:13 AM Reply
    This sounds good. Will any items be purchasable again using WebMoney that were banned by Paypal? For example, crossbows.
    There are two tick boxes I click whenever I post. Since DX isn't
    honouring the one to send me an email for every reply, should I
    not bother honouring the other one to not post links to competitors?
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:45 PM Reply
    Would make things complicated to do that. And you could purchase with credit card without PP intervention and it wasn't possible either,right?

EDIT:
    WebMoney transactions do not require a credit card or bank account, are final, and cannot be retracted. This is similar to Bitcoin, e-gold and cash and in contrast to credit card and PayPal transactions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebMoney

No more disputes :D

EDIT: someone posted herespam) afterwards,but he was right, that payment option works for me ;) (Probably only Sheepish if subscribed and suppsosedly the mod who removed it would get this joke :p)
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Posts(6747) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Voriki on 12/1/2012 at 4:42 PM
  • DealExtremePR @DX Staff Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:14 PM Reply
    @sheepish, WebMoney has no restrictions on purchasing DX products.
    Posts(205) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by DealExtremePR on 12/2/2012 at 9:16 PM
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:15 PM Reply
    There are items on DX you can't pay with paypal? (but are able to be purchased through credit card and webmoney now)
    Or what other restrictions are we talking about?

EDIT
    You can get direct WebMoney refund from DX within 7 days after submitting your request. But according to WebMoney policy, if you cancel your order, WebMoney will not refund the handle fee charged by your purchase.
    This also means that DX has to get confirmation from the customer before thye automaticly cancel outstanding orders,and offer the choice for Store Credit! Otherwise a customer can lose money because DX cancels.
    Posts(6747) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Voriki on 12/2/2012 at 9:18 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 02, 2012 10:31 PM Reply
    This also means that DX has to get confirmation from the customer before they automatically cancel outstanding orders, and offer the choice for Store Credit! Otherwise a customer can lose money because DX cancels.

That is important. WebMoney orders should not be automatically cancelled.
    There are two tick boxes I click whenever I post. Since DX isn't
    honouring the one to send me an email for every reply, should I
    not bother honouring the other one to not post links to competitors?
  • tiffany @DX Staff Monday, December 03, 2012 12:18 AM Reply
    Yes, we have noticed it while adding Webmoney as our payment method. We will find a better way to process Webmoney orders. As soon as we have update on it, we will keep you guys posted.
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 03, 2012 12:21 AM Reply
    Thank you Tiffany
    It is very good that DX expands it's forms of payments and it's fantastic that DX is quite clear about the potential disadvantages for the clients.

I just hope that this isn't an indication that Paypal is breathing too much in your necks so that DX is required to look for other payment options.
  • daraven Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:56 PM Reply
    about this payment metthod thing..... maybe it's for the best. btw, paypal have too much restrictions and rules. can't do this, can't do that. i often read about someone who have to fight for their money because paypal decided to hold balances and even closing accounts with some lame and unbased excuses. paypal suck..... big time
    Posts(14) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by daraven on 12/12/2012 at 10:56 PM
  • FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 14, 2012 10:06 PM Reply
    I have not tried it yet, but I noticed just now when placing an order, that the text around the WebMoney button is in Greek or Russian or something. That kind of thing discourages me. I don't like pressing buttons where I am unable to read what it says either on the button or right next to it. Since the rest of my checkout page is in English, I would assume that the WebMoney button should be being displayed to me in English also.

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections