Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Arduino Enthusiasts)
Arduino Enthusiasts

What about more technical info

• andrefendres Friday, December 7, 2012 2:08 PM Reply
    Hey,
    much of the Arduino related products, like shields or sensors, dosen't have deep technical info, like datasheets. Some not even says the base chip/ic/sensor identification.

There are only infos like current and tension and what's the use. But for hobbyst and enthusiasts, this is not the more important info.
    At least, we need the base chip/ic/sensor identification. Also some pictures showing all the product, from a top and botton view, with a big resolution, to try to identify the connections and the components of the product.
    This would help a lot to decide buy one or other product.

This is my sugestion.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Tonyyoung @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:23 PM Reply
    Hello @andrefendres,
    Thanks for your kindly advise.
    I'm sorry for the poor detail information about the DIY electronics / electronical product . We have to contact our supplier to get the data one by one when our customers need at present. We are improving the procedures and the service ,we're planning to prepare the data in our server and provide the download link synchronized when the item is posted on the web page.
    I'm apologize for any inconvenience this may cause,your kindly patience and consideration will be high appreciated:)
    Thanks for your supporting.
    Have a nice day.
    DX Staff
    Posts(1123) | Reviews | Tip post

• ferzam Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:26 PM Reply
    Hi, I need more information like datasheet for The product that I bought:
    Sensor IO Expansion Shield with RS485 / Bluetooth V2.0 for Arduino
    I couldn't find any information in the site and in the web.
    I thought that this shield has I Bluetooth connection on board but it hasn't.
    Thanks for help.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• mmmmkay Monday, October 7, 2013 9:30 PM Reply
    It's really easy. Suppliers: We will NOT accept your products without data sheets!

There, now you have happy customers and an awesome site!

You're welcome for the idea,
    Tim
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• Simonetti2010 Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:40 AM Reply
    If you were a true Arduino enthusiast, you'd know where to look for technical advice.

Learn to search for datasheets, join technical forums - specially arduino.cc, hack a bit for yourself. I've bought, literally, hundreds of Arduino stuff from DX and never relied on DX for technical advice, because the proper place to look for that is somewhere else.

"I’m addicted to placebos. I’d give them up, but it
    wouldn’t make any difference." ............ Jay Leno

Posts(1120) | Reviews | Tip post

• Zden Monday, November 10, 2014 4:27 AM Reply
    A day has 24 hours and I have better to do than searching for datasheets.

BTW, on technical forums, you get the advice: NO MANUAL = DO NOT BUY.

And I am following this advice.
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Arduino Enthusiasts)
Arduino Enthusiasts

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere