«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

item stock check

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:02 AM Reply
    @sheepish; Who is gasbag12?
    CEO: Flashlight Nutters Anonymous
    Geezer Division
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:35 AM Reply
    Sheepish probably thought you had an upgrade recently ;) maybe a yankeedoodledandee extension from a size 11 to a size 12?

To stay on-topic in an off-topic on the topic of stocks.
    If you can add an item to your cart, it doesn't mean the item is always in stock right now, but it is expected to be out of stock at the most 10 days, thus that it can be shipped within those 10 days, and they do, most of the times.

DX support in any form can only give current stock, but sometimes it doesn't help much, if SKU XXX has 5 in stock and you ordered 1, but another person minutes before you had already ordered those 5 items you'll have to wait generally at the most 10 days.
    As an example(and I still think it's a very odd situation) SKU46026 was always out of stock, waiting forever(30 days), but because I ask nearly daily for a stock check they told me on 24/12/2012 that tjhey suddenlmy had 346 items in stock, still hasn't shipped to me(but another item in that order got partially shipped to me yesterday) and now the stock of SKU46026 is once more depleted.

But the situation where I had to wait more than 10 days have been quite rare on me.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Posts(6742) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Voriki on 12/30/2012 at 9:35 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:18 PM Reply
    D'oh! I was a little off there; this really is an Off Topic. (Even though people keep trying to have a General Discussion.)

Give me another year and I'll be calling you gasbag13. :/
    Can't fix stupid.
  • peter88 Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:44 PM Reply
    @matrix-neo - That's the exact word what CSE told me when I asked them about product availability few weeks ago.

I asked them "are u sure about that 3 times?" and they confirmed "yes, yes and yes!.
  • ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:43 PM Reply
    Not doubting your word for an instant Peter but I’m sure you would have noticed at times some language barrier with some staff, particularly the less experienced. This does not mean they have lied to you either. They may misconstrue the context of our question and given a totally inappropriate answer, or we may misunderstand the intended meaning of their answer.

Certainly the information on stock has improved a great deal recently and we are told that the increased warehouse space means they stock more items but I doubt any one premises in HK could contain a working stock of 80,000 sku’s! Some items still must have to be brought in from suppliers and they can only depend on supplier’s information regarding availability.

No system is perfect… nor are some customers’ expectations. The best way to deal with it has not changed… the way Cyclist suggested: Order, wait about 10 working days, enquire, if not happy with reply and not willing to wait, cancel. Too easy!

See... No Sig!
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:48 PM Reply
    I doubt any one premises in HK could contain a working stock of 80,000 sku’s!

They have a multi-floor warehouse now, and most items are very small. How many they actually have in stock I don't know.
    Can't fix stupid.
  • peter88 Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:43 PM Reply
    The new and improve system has improve in packaging and shipping time. My last 2 orders were shipped fast, one within 2 hours and other within 2 days. I also redeemed one free charger and was shipped within hours! One of my order also comes with a preview picture taken from the basket. Is this a new feature?

DX has improve a lot for the past few months in processing time.
  • peter88 Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:47 PM Reply
    the way Cyclist suggested: Order, wait about 10 working days, enquire, if not happy with reply and not willing to wait, cancel. Too easy!

+1

ozOzo - You could be right!
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:49 PM Reply
    Preview picture has been around for quite some time now, but not all orders have it. But it is always a nice bonus when you have it :)
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections