Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Can someone give me the Windows 7 Driver Disc?

• corezz Monday, January 14, 2013 10:58 PM Reply
    I bought this but apparently when it arrived the driver disc included was broken in half.

Can someone provide me an online link to download the driver (Windows 7 x64bit ideally -- or just any driver for Windows if u dont have x64bit)
    Posts(46) | Reviews | Tip post

• PremierNickname Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:38 PM Reply
    Try http://www.2-link.de/files/driver_MM018.zip
    Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

• Jamister989 Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:33 PM Reply
    The link PremierNickname posted works so much better than the Windows Bluetooth stack, lots of options and even supports Apt-X lossless audio codec.
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• PremierNickname Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:25 AM Reply
    Even though I suggested it, I can't get it to work. The CSR software complains about there not being a valid license. Are you sure it is the same dongle you got hold of Jamister989?

• Jamister989 Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:01 PM Reply
    I bought mine on eBay(didn't wanna wait a month for shipping), looks identical and spent a lot of time trying to get it working till I found this post. I had also just built a new computer so fresh OS, and Win 7 still didn't work quite right with this device, but this installed and works just fine.

The range on this dongle leaves a lot to be desired. I can only walk 10ft away before it starts breaking up on my headphones, whereas when linked to my phone I can walk all over my house without interruption.

• PremierNickname Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:34 AM Reply
    Hmm...

The one from dx got the following hardware id: USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001.

It can be seen in the device manager (under details-parent after I've installed the drivers from csr)

What hardware id does yours have?

• Jamister989 Friday, March 15, 2013 7:59 PM Reply
    Under Bluetooth Radios - CSR Bluetooth Radio - Details - Parent mine reads USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001\6&1a8123c&0&6

I found that other bluetooth stacked messed with thing in win 7 on my previous install to complicate things with Bluetooth radios. I know it may sound a bit excessive for a bluetooth dongle, but I have used this method to repair stubborn parts of win 7 before. If you are pulling your hair out about this try this(or better yet find a guide online to give you more detail than this):

Reinstall Windows 7 saving all programs and most settings, replaces all major system files or otherwise fixes them.

Put in windows 7 CD, in windows 7 and open the CD. right click on setup.exe and go to properties, run in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. Run setup and go through setup following instructions to upgrade to windows 7, installing updates and keeping all old programs. This takes a better part of an afternoon but has run smoothly for me in the past once you get it started. Afterwards it boots into windows 7 just like it was before but fixing most if not all problems that were there before.

• PremierNickname Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:13 AM Reply
    Same vendor and product id yet it worked for you but not me. Odd. It is possible that the method you suggested would work but it seems like a long shot, since everything seemed to install ok and the only problem was the CSR license check not passing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'd like to see someone else who bought from dx try first, before I start messing with my installation.

• fafaf Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:57 PM Reply
    "you don't have a valid license to run CSR Harmony
    Please contact your supplier"

Bought at dx...
    Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

• relsaar Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:14 PM Reply
    I just download the Toshiba Bluetooth pack from here:
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Toshiba-Bluetooth-Stack-Driver-for-non-Toshiba-Notebooks-80003-Download-115098.html

It works just fine for me on desktop with Win7
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere