DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

what are your favorite 1000+ lmn flashlights? <50$

• TierMaster Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:34 AM Reply
    What is your favorite flashlight, that has over 1000 lumen, for less 50 $?
    Posts(44) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by TierMaster on 1/16/2013 at 2:33 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:01 AM Reply
    Unless your'e talking about HID lights, or lights with SST-50 or SST-90 emitters, there really aren't any. The lights you see with single XM-L T6 emitters, claiming to be 1100 or 1200 lm. or more, are B.S. And HID and SST lights are over $50.00

If your'e looking for something special, than give info on what you want, such as modes, brightness, a thrower (for distance) a flooder (up close), batteries etc. Also, intended usage would be helpful.

There are a lot of people here, who can help you, if your'e looking for a light. :)
    CEO: Flashlight Nutters Anonymous
    Geezer Division
  • TierMaster Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:36 PM Reply
    Okay! I dont really need a flashlight, I just have started getting some for fun!
    I want something bright, lot of light with far range! Would like 18650 batteries (since i have chargers for that kind, but this isnt a must). It should have about 300 meters range or more. Open to any ideas! Under 100$
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:37 PM Reply
    Okay! I dont really need a flashlight, I just have started getting some for fun!

Neither do I, but I keep buying them anyway.:)

If you want a light with a lot of throw,(long distance), one of the best ones here is sku.91137. One of the reviewers is DrJones and he knows a lot about throwers. He said it will throw some light over 400 meters.

Be sure to get protected batteries. Trustfire "true" 2400 mAh batteries are decent, but sanyo and panasonic are better, but more expensive.

Ther are also less expensive lights that are very good throwers, but not quite in the same class as this one. I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)
    Geezer Division
  • TierMaster Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:26 PM Reply
    and if u go up abit in price? what do i get then? :D
    Why is it important to have protected batteries? :)
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:58 PM Reply
    Protected batteries are safer. They won't overcharge, or over dis-charge. If li-ion batteries are run all the way down, they might not charge again. Over charging, like with a really cheap charger, can cause them to explode. Neither will happen with protected batteries. Protected batteries are not much more money and are worth it.

As far as money goes, I have sku.120679, and it puts out an amazing amount of light. It won't throw as far as sku.91137, but it puts out more total light. I'd estimate about 250 meters for this one, but it will light a bigger area.

Single LED light are usually better throwers than multiple LED lights. sku.120679 is my most expensive light, so I can't help you past that

If you want to spend more, you can search 18650 flashlights and sort by price (high to low), and read any reviews and posts (under Post A New Topic) near the bottom of the page. You can also ask questions there if you have any.

Geezer Division
  • TierMaster Friday, January 18, 2013 12:25 PM Reply
    Thanks for all the help gasbag!
    Anyone else got any tips? The Fandyfire UV-S5 looks interesting, but would like to see what there is more
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, January 18, 2013 12:33 PM Reply
    Just search 18650 flashlight. There's about 1300 of them, so you shoul be able to find something. If you do, and have questions about it, ask on it's page. (Post a New Topic), near the bottom of the page. Have fun.
    Geezer Division
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections