DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

How to reset

• futastic Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:03 AM Reply
    Hi, unlike the picture, there is no hole nor does it say reset on the back of the tablet.
    My wife forgot the pattern code AND the username so i need to reset...

• BergExtreme Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:52 PM Reply
    I guess it has buttons for power, volume up, volume down, home, and return. Try to reboot the system keeping some buttons pressed. You'll get a bootstrap screen for special functions and may be able to reset your tablet. (You'll lose all the data stored on your tablet. Data on external SD card will be OK.)

Try first with single button such as home or return, then volume up and volume down. If none of single button work, try to use two buttons pressed simultaneously. If your tablet has three buttons (excluding power button), you need to try all 7 conbinations with tree buttons. (Up to 15 tries for 4 buttons )
  • futastic Friday, February 01, 2013 3:23 PM Reply
    Hello,

first of all, thank you for your reply!
    i have 3 buttons, volume up, down and power. the other `buttons` are touchscreen, do they count as possibilities?
    once the tablet is off and i turn it on, on which screen should i start pressing the button?
    i tried the volume buttons but it didnt work, and if i try the power button, it just turns everything off.

once again, thank you =)
  • BergExtreme Friday, February 01, 2013 5:41 PM Reply
    OK, I know some tablets have safe boot mode by:

1. Turn it off. Press both Power and Volume Up keys. Release Power key and keep Volume Up key for 5-10 second. Release Volume Up key and wait until home screen.
    2. Turn it off. Press both Power and Volume Up keys. Release Power key and keep Volume Up key until you see the home screen.

You might need to try it with Volume Up, Volume Down, and both Volume Up/Down keys.

If you have "Safe mode" message somewhere on your screen. You have a chace to reset or reinstall the system. If you have an unfamiliar screen, it may be a bootstrap mode. Follow the selection on the screen. Good luck.
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections