DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

2.1 input

• 1gnaz1o Friday, February 01, 2013 3:37 AM Reply
    If I connect the iPod to the Stereo (2.1) audio input of this product, may I control the volume output of the speakers using iPod up/down volume buttons? Thanks
  • BergExtreme Friday, February 01, 2013 7:31 AM Reply
    Yes, of course.
  • 1gnaz1o Friday, February 01, 2013 12:49 PM Reply
    And if I (plug the iPod to 2.1 input and then) select 5.1 output on this product, may I also control (the volume output of) the SURROUND speakers system (using iPod up/down volume buttons) ? Thanks (again..)
  • BergExtreme Friday, February 01, 2013 6:21 PM Reply
    You'll get a streo sound from front speakers (FL/FR/SW). If the sound is encoded with Dolby Pro Logic or Dolby Pro Logic II, you'll alson get sorround sound. You can not control its sound balance between front and rear.
  • 1gnaz1o Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:02 AM Reply
    So, if audio input is 2.1 (stereo) the product will output it as is (stereo in / stereo out).

Stereo input won't be encoded to Dolby Pro Logic II (call it "virtual surround"), even if I would activate surround system using the 5.1 button on the product.

However it would work fine as a decoder, so that if audio input (connected to toslink/coaxial ports) is already encoded to DTS/AC3, then the product would decode such digital audio to six discreet output channels.

Please correct me if I got it wrong. Thanks.
  • Zanga2 Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:31 AM Reply
    When using the optical input and the signal is 2.0 (stereo) using the 2.1 / 5.1 switch makes it to upmix audio to 5.1 (dual stereo).
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections