DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Mode question

• jlloyddx Friday, February 01, 2013 12:09 PM Reply
    I have a question about how the modes are arranged.
    If I push the green button it turns on the light at the lowest setting. If I keep pushing the green button it increases the brightness until the light reaches maximum brightness. What happens when I push the green button again, does it go back to low mode, or does it go into strobe mode?

Also are the units really in stock?
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, February 01, 2013 12:24 PM Reply
    According to the overview, the green button turns it on low then cycles through all modes and back off again. The orange button is for instant strobe. Use Live Chat (the Help button) to ask if it's in stock.
    CEO: Flashlight Nutters Anonymous
    Geezer Division
  • jlloyddx Friday, February 01, 2013 12:33 PM Reply
    In my opinion the overview is not clear, that's why I'm asking the question.

15% > 50% > 75% > 100% > Fast strobe (Green button: Mode switch and on / off button; Orange button: One-touch fast strobe)
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, February 01, 2013 12:47 PM Reply
    The green button turns it on and off, and cycles through all the modes, including strobe. The orange button only turns on the strobe, so you don't have to cycle through all the modes. I don't know how to make it clearer than that.

If this doesn't help, you can use Report Error on it's page to ask. Choose lacking info.
    Geezer Division
  • jlloyddx Friday, February 01, 2013 1:40 PM Reply
    Have you used the unit gasbag11?
    It doesn't make sense, in my opinion, to have a separate button for strobe and have the strobe mode be in the regular mode rotation. Mountain bikers, who ride their bikes in the pitch black, do not want a strobe mode in the rotation, because they will be temporarily blind and hit a tree when the light goes off.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, February 01, 2013 5:31 PM Reply
    I haven't ridden a bike in 35 years., but another poster said the strobe is useful to let oncoming traffic know you're there. I would guess that would be more useful in the city or town. Probably not so much for mountain biking.

As far as descriptions not making sense, welcome to DX. That's why I suggested using Report Error. They will try to help.
    Geezer Division
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, August 10, 2013 4:47 AM Reply
    I have a D88 from elsewhere. The green button cycles through four steady modes with a long press for off. Always starts in low mode (how sensible!). The orange button gives strobe on/off from any mode (including from off). DX's descriptions often leave a lot to be desired.
    I am on strike again. DX, you can thank staff member jason_liu for it.
    Fix your Cash Back process; threadid.1270637.
    (The last strike thread was threadid.1308471.)
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections