DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

25 meters

• rpmpablo Friday, February 01, 2013 1:12 PM Reply
    Hello, I can weld 25 meters of this product? I soldered and used the controller to maximum 6 amps that comes with it, but is half green, half blue, which controller and which font should I use? thank you
  • desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, February 01, 2013 5:16 PM Reply
    I'm having trouble understanding what you wrote. Can you state this again in your native language (I'm guessing Spanish). Maybe @LAL can help if he's around.

You can wire multiple strips together, but the LEDs farthest from the power feed may be dimmer because the traces may not handle 6 amps without excessive voltage drop. You may need to run some additional power wires in parallel, maybe 18 AWG (1.0mm diameter) wire, and connect the strips to this power wire.
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

• rpmpablo Friday, February 01, 2013 8:37 PM Reply
    I want to amend 25 meters from the tape 30 LEDs per meter LED, SMD 5050, I use a single controller? and which font should I use, can be 10 amps?
  • rpmpablo Friday, February 01, 2013 8:38 PM Reply
    Quero emendar 25 metros da fita de led 30 leds por metro, smd 5050, posso utilizar um único controlador? e qual fonte devo usar, pode ser de 10 amperes?
  • desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, February 04, 2013 1:02 PM Reply
    Photo number 6 shows the control box can only handle 3 amps. A single light strip consumes about 2 amps, so you cannot use a the included control box for 2 or more light strips.

If you want to use a single control box, you need to use a higher power version, like sku.175075. sku.175075 can handle 18 amps, or up to 9 of these RGB LED strips.
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

• eatatjoes10 Monday, February 04, 2013 5:29 PM Reply
    The print on the box (pic 6) is "3A * 3", doesn't that mean "3A per color" (as with most other controllers?)
    But anyway: this would be a total of 9A, or 108W (12V x 9A), and 5 complete strips of these will need 112,5W (22,5W x 5).
    If you can cut 1 meter (for a total length of 24 meters), it would need only 108W for the 24 meters.
    But running these electronics at their limit... it's chinese! ;-)
    And like desolder wrote, firing the complete 3A on one of these thin traces will cause a big voltage drop, so after some meters the led's surely will get dimmer.
    experienced toddler
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections