DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

first impressions

• Bangster Friday, February 01, 2013 4:22 PM Reply
    hmm, in a record amount of time, I have received this today!

First thing, it is pretty nice looking, the smallest 18650 flashlight I have (all others are knock off 502b, 501b, sk98, sk68). Decent body, decent finish, threads are okay (but dry), each joint seems to have an oring (not that I think it is waterproof or resistant).

It gets smoking hot after about 20 seconds on high. I am not sure I can do anything about that. There is a lot of solder that they tried to clean up that is left in the threads, lots of steel wool like metal from the threads. Did I mention it gets super hot?

It also takes half a second to turn on, and to switch modes (half click, light goes off, .5 seconds later in other mode).

For better or worse, it is a much whiter light than the XML-T6s in my other lights, and the SSC P7, similar but brighter than the Q3 and R5 (I think that is what they have) in my other flashlights.

I think the t6 in a 501b body is much better at heat handling than this, and they are pretty bad.

I like it, first U2, first deep narrow (OP) reflector, and first glow in the dark button one for me too. I am not sure I can get around the heat issue. I like the 2 modes, but I am a kid at heart and like seizure inducing blinking though as well.

This is also the most expensive flash light I have bought (other than overpriced mag lights in the 80s and 90s).
    Posts(262) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Bangster on 2/1/2013 at 4:32 PM
  • OCHAR Friday, February 08, 2013 12:47 PM Reply
    Thanks for the review. Is it as bright as you expected? Less bright?
    I will post a review when I get mine.
    Thanks!
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections