DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Discharges phone if turned off?

• uhg321 Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:38 AM Reply
    Mine seems to discharge my phone if I forget to press the small "on" button on the charger (turning the green LEDs on). Measured the output voltage to ~5.1V when turned on, ~3.8V when turned off.

So it seems there is an electrical connection that allows a reverse current to run from the phone into the charger, even when the charger is supposed to be (entirely) off.

Otherwise quite happy with the charger, which I'm keeping topped up from a solar converter. I love that it doubles as an emergency light, that it's made from sturdy aluminium, and that it looks like it's using standard 18650s that I can easily replace once they wear out.
  • serenajj @DX Staff Monday, February 04, 2013 2:27 AM Reply
    Hello @uhg321,
    The "on" button is a switch, before you charger your phone, you should swith it on. Besides about your doubt, we'll consult with supplier then update to you. Thanks and enjoy your days.
  • miushi Monday, April 22, 2013 1:06 AM Reply
    Hi, I have the same problem, it discharged my mobile. And it seems not to charge my 5V netbook.
    By the way, I can't find - how can I turn on flash light?!
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections